Attn: Mr. Larrivee, Reverb is ignoring your best work

Started by Dannyg1, August 20, 2016, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: broKen on August 21, 2016, 10:47:27 AM
Try this Steve. When you're at reverb, click on the "shop by brand". The drop down list of makers will appear, see if Larrivee is in the list.

Why should I do that when I already know how to pull up Larrivee guitars on reverb?  One method is enough for my brain.

From one Danny to another, it appears that you've lost any traction on the reverb issue.
    Reverb sends me email all the time, I just delete them all.

What makes you sat that Dependsdan?
Let me just say, I'm growing better.

My initial reaction can't be posted. Have a nice life, no more from my corner.

Quote from: Walkerman on August 20, 2016, 08:47:43 PM
My comment stands.  Advertisizing reverb here is a ...... well, fill in the blanks yourself. 

What is "advertisizing"  really,  anyway?

It has been amusing, but that's wearing off quick.

What the hell is Reverb?

Ed

Quote from: Walkerman on August 21, 2016, 08:35:23 AM
Only 7?  I am just a piker then.   

Well, one or the other.

Quote from: Walkerman on August 21, 2016, 12:09:34 PM
Why should I do that when I already know how to pull up Larrivee guitars on reverb?  One method is enough for my brain.

Touche'.

Quote from: Dannyg1 on August 21, 2016, 01:34:44 PM
Touche'.

Actually, that should be an accent aigu and not an apostrophe.  But then, being perfect you already knew that.

Quote from: Walkerman on August 21, 2016, 01:55:19 PM
Actually, that should be an accent aigu and not an apostrophe.  But then, being perfect you already knew that.

Big word, that aigu, for you. I'll have to look it up.

Fellas, your reputations are at stake  :tongue:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Apparently Dannyg1 is a thin-skinned person who when disagreed with throws insults and "facts" around to we who are unimpressed. I suggest you take your rare and important koa D-03 to sell on another forum. I am sure it is nice enough, but so are all the other Larrivees sold on Reverb and this Forum without a lot of help from us.

Quote from: eded on August 21, 2016, 12:52:34 PM
It has been amusing, but that's wearing off quick.

What the hell is Reverb?

Ed

A company I'm advertitizing. :winkin: :donut2

Quote from: nctom on August 21, 2016, 02:37:14 PM
Apparently Dannyg1 is a thin-skinned person who when disagreed with throws insults and "facts" around to we who are unimpressed. I suggest you take your rare and important koa D-03 to sell on another forum. I am sure it is nice enough, but so are all the other Larrivees sold on Reverb and this Forum without a lot of help from us.

To Quoque. It's latin for a Pee-Wee favorite. Maybe you might illustrate why you're unimpressed and then we'll have something to talk about, otherwise, your words are entirely air, accusation without substance. Unimpressive indeed.

NCtom,

My facts have demonstrable basis and so, are actual. Go look, search the price guide, try, learn.

I think you know that my claims are fact already and you're employing dishonesty to cut at my credibility.

Well, I don't like you either.

I took you to task the first time you posted, because what you'd written was irresponsible and now, since you've doubled down on the accusation without taking the responsibility for having been *proven wrong*, I'm calling you out as having completely disavowed the truths illustrated here.

You are either obtuse or mendacious. One or the other.

Sounds like you want their collected data to support the price you *want*, and in fact, it doesn't.  They record data, they don't make it up.

Now you are disappointed because you've come here and asked a question, and don't like the answer you got.

Kind of looks like a pattern, to me.

I often wonder about that.  Someone buys a guitar for $xxx, keeps it for 6 mo. to 2 yrs., and expects to get somewhere between 95-120% of what they paid.  Sorry, but that isn't the way things work.  Try doing that with a car.

Ed

Quote from: eded on August 21, 2016, 04:02:52 PM
Sounds like you want their collected data to support the price you *want*, and in fact, it doesn't.  They record data, they don't make it up.

Now you are disappointed because you've come here and asked a question, and don't like the answer you got.

Kind of looks like a pattern, to me.

I often wonder about that.  Someone buys a guitar for $xxx, keeps it for 6 mo. to 2 yrs., and expects to get somewhere between 95-120% of what they paid.  Sorry, but that isn't the way things work.  Try doing that with a car.

Ed

Not true Ed. As I wrote earlier, Reverb is omitting relevant price data that they do have, likely because it doesn't fit well into the incomplete heirarchical model that they're treating as though, were complete. As for my disappointment and patterns, that you believe to see, I disagree but feel little real need to defend that. I'm being ganged up upon and I can handle the village idiots just fine all by myself.

[/quote]

Quote from: nctom on August 21, 2016, 02:37:14 PM

I have a different suggestion as to where he can put his rare guitar.   :whistling:

:cop: I'd  love to see the MODERATORS delete this piece of crap, that dares to masquerade as a proper thread.

btw; I agree with Steve

Quote from: dependan on August 21, 2016, 05:44:04 PM
:cop: I'd  love to see the MODERATORS delete this piece of crap, that dares to masquerade as a proper thread.

btw; I agree with Steve

:cheers.      Great minds think alike.