Fender Mustang I v2 coming to the house this month

Started by rockstar_not, December 08, 2015, 12:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My younger son has been playing for a little over a year now, and learning classic rock songs on my 80's vintage Peavey electric - pretty much unamplified.  That will be changing come Christmas - just bought him a Fender Mustang I v2 practice modeling amplifier.

20 watts - loud enough

Fender amp sims seem pretty nice based on a quick go-around at Guitar Sinner this past weekend.  Amp sims that come with the purchase can be swapped out for others using the Fender FUSE software.

Yes its for my son, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing some amp model tweaking at first.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

I had the first version Mustang I until a few months ago.  I gave it to my granddaughter as her first amp.  I used it as my test amp. when doing electric guitar repairs and wiring.  These have excellent digital effects in my opinion.  I haven't heard the V2 model, but I assume it can only be better sounding than the first version.  Tweak away.  I think you will be impressed.  I really liked the "65 twin", or was it "65 deluxe"? as the default setting for a standard clean amp used for assessing pickup height and pole piece adjustments.  I'm planning on getting a Mustang II (12" speaker) soon for the same purpose.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Little update here.  This thing is a great value, audio interface, loud enough practice amp that sounds great, and the son is playing more than ever which was the main goal.
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: rockstar_not on March 29, 2016, 09:38:58 PM
Little update here.  This thing is a great value, audio interface, loud enough practice amp that sounds great, and the son is playing more than ever which was the main goal.

Funny coincidence.  The granddaughter I referred to above was visiting for easter.  She brought her Squire Classic Vibe strat with her, which I hadn't seen till now, for me to set up.  She didn't bring the Mustang I amp I had given to her but she told me that having that amp has inspired her to practise a lot more.  She is improving at a fantastic rate.  After we set up her guitar together, and adjusted the pickup heights, we plugged it into my Superchamp XD to give it a try.  She was a little shy about playing in front of me, so I went upstairs and let her noodle on her own.  Myself, grandma and her parents were all surprised and impressed when the opening riff from "Thunderstruck" came wafting up from the basement!
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on March 29, 2016, 11:56:06 PM
Funny coincidence.  The granddaughter I referred to above was visiting for easter.  She brought her Squire Classic Vibe strat with her, which I hadn't seen till now, for me to set up.  She didn't bring the Mustang I amp I had given to her but she told me that having that amp has inspired her to practise a lot more.  She is improving at a fantastic rate.  After we set up her guitar together, and adjusted the pickup heights, we plugged it into my Superchamp XD to give it a try.  She was a little shy about playing in front of me, so I went upstairs and let her noodle on her own.  Myself, grandma and her parents were all surprised and impressed when the opening riff from "Thunderstruck" came wafting up from the basement!
:thumb
2000 L-03-E
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud