On the Hunt for a New Guitar, Advice?

Started by redwoodwildflower, February 05, 2015, 11:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Riverbend on March 17, 2015, 05:37:08 AM
Nice guitar! Really glad it pleases your ears and eyes. I notice in the pictures that your guitar is leaning up against what looks to be a gig bag. Did your guitar not come with a standard Larrivee hard shell case? 

Yes, that's actually my other guitar behind it. I just leaned it up against the gig bag because it was soft. It did come with the Larrivee hard case that I really like, it's very nice.

Have you been able to get a professional set up on it?  If so how does it sound?

Hi all,

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I thought I'd just update about my guitar. I am still loving it so much! I did have it professionally set up and I am so shocked at the difference it made. It is a completely different guitar and exactly what I was wanting and hoping for. He was even able to fix the ding that was in it and you can't even tell where it was unless you knew and were looking for it.

:bgrin: Happy endings. Enjoy that guitar. :cheers
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: redwoodwildflower on April 30, 2015, 03:02:16 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I thought I'd just update about my guitar. I am still loving it so much! I did have it professionally set up and I am so shocked at the difference it made. It is a completely different guitar and exactly what I was wanting and hoping for. He was even able to fix the ding that was in it and you can't even tell where it was unless you knew and were looking for it.

Wasn't part of your advice saga I'm afraid, but I think you've made a good choice, and I'd only say that for someone starting down the 'guitar road' to music it's important to have an instrument that's easily 'driven'. Unresponsive guitars with high action, heavy strings and dull or hard to drive tone can be a real turn-off for someone building their chops (even if they are great for bluegrass! :winking:) So it sounds like you've made a wise choice with the OM. Don't worry about dings too much. They are part of guitar ownership. It's the playing and the musicianship that are important - the guitar is just the vehicle you invest in for the musical journey!
Savvas.