Question About Bband

Started by freeindeed, January 21, 2005, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My new Larry has the BBand A2.2 in it. I play at church with a very basic setup. Guitar into Zoom pedal into amp. I'd like to have a little more control other than vol/blend with the A2.2. Would running guitar out into a Para DI for eq purposes overdo it?

Chris
Martin J-40
Takamine jumbo
Martin LXM

It would be a fine combination.  Go for it!
Larrivee LV-09BW
And a bunch of others...

I run my Larrivee with a B-Band A2.2 and my Taylor with a Baggs iMix through  a Para DI.  I don't think it's overkill at all.  You definitely get more eq control.  Even setting everything flat, it improves the sound.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Thanks guys for the info. This place is a plethera of knowledge.

Chris
Martin J-40
Takamine jumbo
Martin LXM

You might want to ask this question also on the B-Band forum.  The moderator, Pekka, is very knowledgeable and helpful.

http://forum.b-band.com/

Mike,  Central Georgia, USA

Larrivee D60 Custom (D70)
Cort Classic Les Paul

QuoteYou might want to ask this question also on the B-Band forum.  The moderator, Pekka, is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Actually, he's already answered it.  You can use it with any of the pu's, except the A2, since that's stereo and the Para DI is mono.

http://forum.b-band.com/viewtopic.php?t=265

Actually, my Avalon has a stereo pu system and I still use it with the Para DI.  I have a small guitar mixer, I use the Nobels Mix-41c, which allows you to mix up to 4 inputs down to one output.  The ART powermix is another mixer that does the same thing.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce

Hey Bing,
  The BBand w/s says the A2.2 is a mono mix output. Stereo?

Chris
Martin J-40
Takamine jumbo
Martin LXM

Hi Chris,

More of what everyone else has said. You can't go wrong by adding a PADI to any signal chain.

A good configuration would be:

Guitar to PADI
PADI line out to Zoom
Zoom out to Amp
PADI XLR out to house PA

This will give you a "dry" signal to the PA tech so that he can seeten to taste, depending on the room, and a fully customizable stage monitor for you via your amp.

or, if you want the house to get exactly the same signal as you send to your amp connect the Zoom via the Insert jack (use a standard insert "Y" cable) of the PADI and then line out to your amp and XLR out to the PA.

The reason I am recommending always going to the PADI first is because it has a higher input impedance than the Zoom.

Ron

Ron

QuoteHey Bing,
  The BBand w/s says the A2.2 is a mono mix output. Stereo?

Chris
There are 2 different preamps.  The A2 is stereo.  You have to use a TRS chord and go into a stereo preamp, or something to mix the 2 channels back down to one.

The A2.2 is mono.  With the A2.2 you can go direct into your Para DI.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce

Bing,
   Yeah I just read that on the BBand forum. Thanks for helping clear that up!

Chris
Martin J-40
Takamine jumbo
Martin LXM