My first R4

Started by olrac, February 14, 2013, 01:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just picked up my first R4, she's a beauty, best 800 bucks I have ever spent!

Congrats! Beautiful top. What will you be playing her through?
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

1978 MusicMan RP112, Egnator Rebel20, vox night train, 1976 Hiwatt Dr103

Already have the bug for a P90 version!

Very Nice, that is indeed a sexy top.  Great score, Im a little jealous.  Let us know how you like it when you have some time.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Wow!  :drool:  Beautiful top.  Can't beat the price.  I am also jealous.

:nice guitar:
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

thanks!  :cheers

Can I identify date of manufacture from the serial number? its 107225.

This was purchased from a pawn shop, first time I've bought an instrument from one

Quote from: olrac on February 14, 2013, 04:03:11 PM

This was purchased from a pawn shop, first time I've bought an instrument from one

You got a stupid good deal.  I cant believe someone pawned that for what was obviously less than 800$.  I need to go to more pawnshops.  Congrats again.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

It's sorta magic when things happen like this.
Clearly you were meant to have the guitar, and it is a real beauty!

Be forwarned though, it's very difficult to go back to your other guitar(s) after playing this new acquisition through your rig.

congratulations!!   :+1:
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Well done. Yes, stupid good deal.

Quote from: olrac on February 14, 2013, 04:03:11 PM
thanks!  :cheers

Can I identify date of manufacture from the serial number? its 107225.

My guess is this was from autumn of 2009. Pickups likely Larrivee Gen 1's or 2's.

To Find the exact date follow the instructions HERE AND be sure to put the word guitar in the subject area of your Email in order to bypass spam filters.

Luvly find BTW
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 15, 2013, 09:17:43 AM
My guess is this was from autumn of 2009. Pickups likely Larrivee Gen 1's or 2's.

To Find the exact date follow the instructions HERE AND be sure to put the word guitar in the subject area of your Email in order to bypass spam filters.

Luvly find BTW

Thanks for the instructions emailed them just now.

Thanks for all the positive comments as well, I feel really lucky to have picked this deal up.

Quote from: ducktrapper on February 15, 2013, 08:59:22 AM
Well done. Yes, stupid good deal.

Yes, I paid about 3x that for mine new (a lefty rootbeer burst just like yours). Seeing a lefty like that in a pawn shop would make my heart skip a few beats!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 15, 2013, 03:35:58 PM
Yes, I paid about 3x that for mine new (a lefty rootbeer burst just like yours). Seeing a lefty like that in a pawn shop would make my heart skip a few beats!

whoever the previous owner was he must of loved it because it is pristine. the root beer finish is really sweet. These guys really know how to build a guitar!

Quote from: olrac on February 15, 2013, 04:29:58 PM
whoever the previous owner was he must of loved it because it is pristine. the root beer finish is really sweet. These guys really know how to build a guitar!
Yup still has the shipping foam on PUP selector. Good chance that baby never made it out of the case  :drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I have had for a few days now and I was hoping it would be a good guitar,  but  it isn't.......................

IT'S a F-ing AMAZING GUITAR!!!!!!

Hard to describe what it's like because it is so unique. Can't believe musicians aren't fighting to get one of them. didn't realize what a deal I got until having it in hand for a few days. I own a 1968 Lefty LP black Custom and this is right up there with it. Now for sure I need  a P-90 RS-4!
:nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

PS an extremely well made case as well!

Glad you're diggin' it - one of the best production guitars on the market. But we Larrivee sniffers aren't surprised.  :bowdown:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Another nice guitar P90's to go with your RS4. Luvly, don't tell me you got this at a Pawn Shop too :?

No, lol  but picked it up at a pretty good price, at least I think so (485.00)

You do seem to have a knack for finding good deals on lefties. I'm sitting with another lefty rootbeer rs4, 107227. Must be related.
All left handed:
Larrivee D-03R
Larrivee RS-4 Root Beer
Cole Clark FL1AC
Godin Exit 22
La Patrie Concert