Opinion on Godin Electric Guitars

Started by maLavvo, February 02, 2012, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Guys

I never owned any Electric Guitar before.  I saw the other night on "How It's Made" show on TV how they make Godin Guitars. It caught my attention and started searching the web   :drool:

Just wanted to ask the group if there's anyone who have experienced with Godin Electric Guitars.  I saw some good reviews in You Tube and to me, they looked pretty well built, but wanted to hear some opinion on them.

Sample Review in You Tube - Is it allowed to post a you tube link?
:rolleye:

Thanks everyone!

-maLavvo
"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"

I've played a few Godin guitars and they all were great quality instruments. Not my cup of tea, but the one's I've played sounded incredible. A real bargain.
GUITARS: Larrivee P-05, Dupont MC-50, NRP 12-fret "B", Robert Sayers custom flat-top, Cervantes Crossover 1, Todd Korup custom banjo-uke, McSpadden dulcimer, PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd, PRS DC3
AMPLIFICATION: RA-400, Rivera Venus 3

I have a Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Nylon electric.  Fine instrument.  I've also played a pure electric, a LGX I think, and really liked it.  Good quality too.
Steve ....aka the SMan

I've played a bunch including the Multiaxx,a solid body one sorta LP special shaped and a Modal called the A1 all good guitars and very playable.I almost bought a multiaxx because it was MIDI ready and of coarse its tele shape but my wife bought me a GK2 and the roland GR33 so I passed.I really like the comfort of The A1 what stopped me was the in your face tone of the electronics which is why I don't like any pu systems even though I have to use one.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks everyone for sharing. I will check on local Guitar Center or Sam Ash, see if they have.

:thumbsup

They are a fine guitar, very popular in my neck of the woods tho I urge you to try an RS 2 before you decide as the RS 2 is quite a step up IMO
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:bgrin:
Thank you  Joyce for the comment. 

Yeah, this brand (Godin) just caught my attention because they are also Canadian made. And price is quite affordable for the pre-owned ones.

:beer

I came pretty close to buying one on impulse the one and only time I checked them out at a music store.  It was the LG loaded with Seymour Duncan P-90s, and it sounded killer through a tube amp that was manufactured by Godin's sister company (sorry, can't recall its name at the moment).  The guitar has a pretty simple, basic design with a flat-top mahogany body and a bolt-on neck, and was hundreds less than others I was considering.  They seem to be one heck of a value.  Keep us posted.
2010 RS-2 w/ P-90s and flamed maple top
2002 Les Paul DC
2007 MIM 60's Strat
2012 MIK Steinberger Spirit GT-Pro
1995(6?) MIJ Jackson Soloist
1989? MIK Washburn KC-60V w/ DiMarzios
2013 YRG-1000 Gen 2 Guitar Synth
2004 MIJ Takamine AN10

Quote from: SMan on February 02, 2012, 09:38:42 PM
I have a Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Nylon electric.  Fine instrument.  I've also played a pure electric, a LGX I think, and really liked it.  Good quality too.

Yes, I own this guitar, too. Gorgeous instrument that feels and sounds great. I also have a Godin Multiac Spectrum, which is, in my opinion, a better version of the Taylor T5 idea in that it is an electric guitar that goes some way in crossing the acoustic-electric divide in one instrument. It has an acoustic undersaddle pickup, a Seymour Duncan electric lipstick pickup, and a 13-pin synth connection. It looks great, is robust, and is set up like an acoustic so you can really dig in. I briefly owned a T5 and I much prefer Godin's version. I play both my Godins through a Roland GR-20 guitar synth.

Thanks.  I end-up getting it.  The Godin LG HMB.  Yes, it's a pretty simply design, passive Godin pick-up but active ready.  There is a 5-location selection  switch for choosing which pick-up/s to activate.  There is a little place at the back to hold a battery incase I upgrade the pick-up to an active one.  For now, it is good for me since this is my first electric guitar. 

:thumbsup