Spalted Maple and Other Natual Finish Èlectrics by Larrivee

Started by JOYCEfromNS, December 02, 2010, 10:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exciting Times. I am AGAS over these Spalted Maples - who luvs a Maple Git more than me and Spalted to boot

Man oh Man they are luvly!!!!

Photos courtesy of our Friend Walkerman who happened to drop by the shop. I am kinda of glad I don`t live nearby but am sooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Saw those in the main forum, and I feel the same way you do!

Must stop gas ... must stop gas ...

awwww, it's no use! I'll ALWAYS have gas for more Larrivees!!!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

:drool:       I think I love maple more then anyone!!!! :nice guitar:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

If I recall correctly, there were 6 spalted maple bodies, so they are going to be pretty limited......(meaning 5 left now :-)

I saw one in the "curing" room that already had the finish done.  It really brightens up the maple and brings out the spalting.
As good as the wood looks unfinished, it looks easily 100% better with the clear finish and shine on.  I wish I had taken a picture.
I saw some hog top electrics, too.  Nice....really nice.

Doesn't Matthew look like the cat that ate the bird?  I think he knows he's got something special here

I hope they take the cut off ends and make rosettes out of them for acoustics.

Only 4 left.   :bgrin:

I can't wait.   :drool:

Mike

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on December 02, 2010, 01:29:24 PM
Only 4 left.   :bgrin:

I can't wait.   :drool:

Mike

Welcome to the club.  Doesn't adding the finish just make the spalting pop....and it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth.  This is a tactile guitar...not just a visual one.  Congrats.

Who's next?

Quote from: Walkerman on December 02, 2010, 02:09:15 PM
Welcome to the club.  Doesn't adding the finish just make the spalting pop....and it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth.  This is a tactile guitar...not just a visual one.  Congrats.

Who's next?

I can't wait to see my guitar when its done.  I was told the picture doesn't do it justice.

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Quote from: Cybercanyon on December 02, 2010, 02:32:57 PM

I can't wait to see my guitar when its done.  I was told the picture doesn't do it justice.

Mike

Yes...there's so much more going on than you can see in photos. These spalts can be very 3-D, and on yours you can also see the flame running through the grain as well...there's a lot to see there.

I'm SO GLAD none of these are lefties - that way I don't have to feel like I'm missing out!

Is the price on these the same as standard tops? (Something tells me there's a *slight* upcharge for the spalt!)

GAS got the best of me, just arrived home and lookey here what's awaiting

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

And two more shots :blush:  :blush:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 25, 2011, 07:52:38 PM
GAS got the best of me, just arrived home and lookey here what's awaiting

Beauty eh!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you go about ordering a custom headstock? I am ready to buy my second RS4 and would love something special.

Joe
Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
Fender Custom Shop "La Cabronita"

Quote from: iamjoe on February 25, 2011, 10:04:43 PM
Beauty eh!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you go about ordering a custom headstock? I am ready to buy my second RS4 and would love something special.

Joe

Joe not sure as Headstock was a total surprise  :ohmy:, thought I was just getting a Spalted Maple. I would imagine this customization would be available as well but I don't know. Have your Dealer make an enquiry is how I would go about it.  Good luck, keep us posted on your progress :guitar

I decided to look up spalted. First my dictionary said there was no such word. Then this. Anyway, it's spalt maple. And it's cool. 

Spalt

Spalt\, a. [See 1st Spell.]

1. Liable to break or split; brittle; as, spalt timber. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.

SPALTED

And Spalding:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 27, 2011, 09:06:44 AM
Joe not sure as Headstock was a total surprise  :ohmy:, thought I was just getting a Spalted Maple. I would imagine this customization would be available as well but I don't know. Have your Dealer make an enquiry is how I would go about it.  Good luck, keep us posted on your progress :guitar

Thanks Joyce,

Every time I pick up my RS4 I fall in love with it. So much that I have put my very limited McCarty up for sale so I can fund something special.  :winkin:
Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
Fender Custom Shop "La Cabronita"

Quote from: iamjoe on March 03, 2011, 05:47:40 PM
Thanks Joyce,

Every time I pick up my RS4 I fall in love with it. So much that I have put my very limited McCarty up for sale so I can fund something special.  :winkin:

That's not too surprising. I remember back in the mid 90's when PRS made lefties for awhile. I had the chance to play a bunch of them at Southpaw Guitars in Houston, and I was underwhelmed...disappointed, really, cuz I really wanted to want one! They were beautiful, but the tone just didn't do anything for me. The Larrivee is a far superior instrument, in my opinion - and for a lot less money. JMHO...

GOTM cover shot just blew my mind - I've had to go back and see her a few times.

Can we put a little notch on Larrivee's historical timeline for this creature!
Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's