My new loved one

Started by Sandro, October 15, 2010, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My new guitar is finally ready. It was April when we convinced Bruno to build 2 guitars for my friend Roberto and me.
Bruno is an amazing guy: he worked 35 years for a mechanical factory, and he started building violines and guitars as an hobby when he retired at 50.
Now he is 82, but he is still working, mostly for friends.
So we went in Val di Fiemme, where the best Italian Spruce grows (Stradivari used to buy wood here) and we bought the best Italian Spruce for the top and
Maple from Bosnia for side and bottom.
Pictures from our trip here
The wood was already seasoned (4 years), but Brunowanted to let it all the summer to rest in his special place. He started building my guitar in late August and now it's ready !
I really love it. The body is sized as a Martin dread, nut width is 46mm. Since the first moment I put my fingers on her I felt at home.
And the sound is great, lot of volume, plenty of basses and ringing highs.

Some early pictures:

And current pictures:

Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Gibson Advanced Jumbo (1997)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

I love the smell of Spruce in the morning

:nice guitar:

Bellisima! (Excuse the spelling, I wanted to say something appropriate and don't know how to spell gorgeous either <G>)

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on October 15, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
:nice guitar:

Bellisima! (Excuse the spelling, I wanted to say something appropriate and don't know how to spell gorgeous either <G>)

Norman

Thanks Norman!   Don't worry for the spelling, you just missed an 's', and we often do that too   :smile:
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

That's very nice sir, and thanks for the showing. Hope to hear it some day.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

I'd like to see some more pics if you would. Like the back and a top angle showing the pass through bridge.
       I would love to hear it as well. Thanks for sharing.

Quote from: dependan on October 16, 2010, 12:29:22 AM
I'd like to see some more pics if you would. Like the back and a top angle showing the pass through bridge.
       I would love to hear it as well. Thanks for sharing.

Happy to share!  :smile:
Unfortunately today we have a dull grey sky, so there is not a good light, and I can't use a flash because of the glare:

Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

Braxton  that is one beautiful spruce and maple guitar. I've been dreaming of a maple and spruce guitar with a maple neck for a few years now. I finally placed the order for a SCGC 12fret 12string maple b&s and sitka spruce top last week. Man it,s going to be a long 12 week wait  :winkin: I'm having the top only sun bursted and all the maple natural. enjoy your new beauty!!! Interesting that the luthier uses a pinless bridge system.

SCGC 12 fret 12 string in maple?!?!!  Definitely need pics and soundclips as soon as you get it!! Thats gonna be SwEEEEEEEt!!!
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Braxton,

She's a beauty.  The woods look outstanding and I really like the bridge design.
:cheers
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Handmade wonderful guitar. No wonder you are in heaven.   :nice guitar:
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Thanks guys !
I'm really happy. 
Next week I'll have a dinner with the luthier to celebrate and I'll ask him if he could build me a classic too.
That's only the first step, the next is to convince my wife I really need another guitar  :winkin:
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

Quote from: Braxton on October 21, 2010, 01:27:49 AM
Thanks guys !
I'm really happy. 
Next week I'll have a dinner with the luthier to celebrate and I'll ask him if he could build me a classic too.
That's only the first step, the next is to convince my wife I really need another guitar  :winkin:

Bahahaha!  :roll :roll
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Gorgeous guitar!  Extremely gorgeous!!

What kind of bridge is that?  What are the pros and cons of it?  I've never seen that before

Cheers!

--Andrew
Larrivee OMV-10 unicorn inlay
Martin 000-1 (now a discontinued model)
Fender SRV custom (a relic'd 1992 srv artist series)
Gibson Les Paul classic black with gold hardware
Fender american strat 3 tone sunburst with tortoise shell pick guard
Mesa boogie F-50

Thanks Andrew!

It's a pinless bridge, similar to the ones used on classic guitars. I don't know pro and cons, I just trusted the luthier, as he always use this kind of bridge on all his acoustic guitars. 
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop

Wow, that is so beautiful.
:+1:
Congratulations Braxton.
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

:nice guitar:  Very nice Braxton.  I too like the maple/spruce combo.  :coffee :donut  Blondes do have more fun.  :humour:

The guitar I am having built is also a maple/spruce combo.
Steve ....aka the SMan

Thanks SMan and Zohn !   :bgrin:

@SMan: your guitar already looks gorgeous. I'm eager to see new pictures !  :gotpics: 
My maple/spruce combo has an incredible clarity and volume  :arrow
Larrivée OOO40-MT (2018)
Taylor AD17E Blacktop