Pics of new mods to my LS09... setup, repairs, frets

Started by Choay823, April 23, 2010, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just thought I'd post a few pics of the work I had done on my LS09.  I had a bone nut and compensated saddle made, which are both custom.  There were two cracks that needed attention, the first of which I can't even show because its such clean repair (and the cleat is not photographable at present) and the second one, was repaired before I became the owner, but reinforced with a cleat by my luthier.  I think the work is really cool and neat looking.

Also the frets were dressed and polished to this nice mirror like shine....

Here was the big bonus... as some of you may already know, I bought this guitar sight unseen off of ebay.  It turned out, that in addition to having the original tusq nut and saddle and slightly buzzy frets, it had a small plastic shim under the saddle that I discovered.  So, upon getting the guitar back, there was quite a big difference with the bone and the fret leveling.  All in all, it was like waking up the hidden potential in what I already thought before was an amazing guitar.

Now to learn to really make it sing.... more hard practice is necessary.   :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:
:donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2

Big thanks to Dave Schneider at Schneider Gutiars, the best luthier I know... Top recommendations for anyone in or around Cincinnati, OH.

Hey great work Choay and to your Luthier.  :+1: Is that some left over glue i see there next to the nut?  :whistling:
cheers
fongie

ahh... good eye fongie.  I wish it was left over glue.  It is peeling finish, probably due to some prior sloppy work...  That came with along with the guitar unfortunately but is too subtle for me to really care. 

Quote from: Choay823 on April 23, 2010, 05:29:55 PM
ahh... good eye fongie.  I wish it was left over glue.  It is peeling finish, probably due to some prior sloppy work...  That came with along with the guitar unfortunately but is too subtle for me to really care. 
Never the less you done a great job  :+1: Hey thats what we called 'Charactor'
cheers
fongie

:thumb Nothin like a good setup to set a guitar free.Congrats and enjoy.If you get yourself a nice soft horse hair paint brush you can sweep away any of the left over bone dust.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help