What to do when waiting for a new guitar?

Started by SeattlePete, March 18, 2010, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm reading and writing on the forums, but it's not helping.  Making it worse, actually... 

I went to a local guitar shop and played some nice guitars (Larrivee shop is too far for lunch time, unfortunately).

So, what do I do?

-Peter

Besides just toughing it out, maybe you go on a music hunt looking for tab or sheet music you might like, or maybe an instructional dvd.  Yes, I'm advising you spend more money, aren't I.  Well, along that vein, do you have a good guitar stand?  Do you need a better one?  How about a good music stand?  Okay, enough shopping spree advice.  I guess you could sit and meditate on patience...

Do you have a nice amp?    Nothing like spending money to take your mind off the wait.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Take all your guitars out and play everything you know on them.Then decide which song sounds best on which guitar.After that start putting them in different tunings and see which tuning sounds best on which guitar.

This works best if you have at least 3 acoustic guitars.Even better if you add any electric guitars you have.

Not only will thisdistract your mind but it could also cause the thoughts of gas to the side......

Unless you find that your missing a tone that you need in your tonal pallet then all bets are off.At this point hide the credit card,stash the check book and a family or friends post you picture in all the local music store's and your bank saying"Be on the lookout for this man as he is having uncontrolable G.A.S. and must be stopped by any means"

:whistling:

Or you could take up the hunt for the perfect beer which will cost less and if you comsume enough you'll just pass out. :beer
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the tips! My wallet is pretty tight - playing my guitars makes me think of how sweet it will be to have a nice acoustic in the stable. I think I'll make it, but it will probably be close!

Hmm.  I could use a nice amp, Mr_LV...  A nice small tube amp for electric.  For acoustic, I either play direct, or I have a Carvin s400 (pretty cool, if you haven't checked it out) if I'm out on a solo gig.

Do the same as duck. But, soon I'll only have one, while waiting for 3!!! My F-III keeps me real happy, though. Will have my hands full if they all come in the same month? Starting to look like all in April/May. I'm smiling right now. My wife isn't.
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

The more impatient you get, the longer it takes. Accept the long wait and you will see your git sooner. Enjoy the wait my friend and your appreciation will be a life long of happiness
cheers
fongie

First, "a watched pot never boils"

Second, don't rush time. There will be a time in your life that you will wish three months didn't seem like one.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I MADE IT!   :nana_guitar

Oh, the guitar is lovely - (OM-03 sp from kdonovan).  The only problem is now I don't have an excuse for rusty playing.  Gotta practice up and get outta my playing rut.

K&K pwm sounds amazing - any tips for a pre-amp?  K&K XLR is an obvious choice, but I'm also looking at the new Ultrasound DI Plus - now w/ a phase switch.  Looks like impedance matches and it has more options for a little less money.

Can't answer your q's, but wanted to say congratulations.  I'm glad you're happy.