Warning: fopen(/home/larrivee/public_html/forum/cache/data_c8eb41764872e65b86fe28266a8f2ee4-SMF-modSettings.cache): failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /home/larrivee/public_html/forum/Sources/Cache/APIs/FileBased.php on line 84
What is Eddie Vedder playing on the video for "Just Breathe"?

What is Eddie Vedder playing on the video for "Just Breathe"?

Started by cke, March 14, 2010, 12:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Well, I have never understood the interest in all 'hog gits, but this video is making me reconsider. Seems that 'hog top give great separation and a clean sound compared to the resonant ringing spruce, right?

Great for blues etc?

Anyway, i am curious what he is playing in this vid. Martin000-15 polished up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0mhrqfeFjQ&feature=related
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

I think it's a 1930's Martin 00-17, been much discussed on UMGF over the years, he's been playing it for a long time now

d.

That makes sense. I thought it looked bigger than a 00, but I don't know how big Vedder is! :roll
He has a really clean technique and I was wondering how much was the git...

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

   d, it does look like a OOO. But, according to you, much has been said about it, so the OO-17. Is definetly a -17 series. Might have had different dimensions & size designations back then? I know some had different letters before them. Madeleine Peyroux plays a '43 O-17. She's small, but it looks more like a OO. :?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)


So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

14 frets to body, looks like no binding and appears to have a through saddle. Whatever that gives you.
Roger


"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 26, 2010, 01:34:51 PM
   d, it does look like a OOO. But, according to you, much has been said about it, so the OO-17. Is definetly a -17 series. Might have had different dimensions & size designations back then? I know some had different letters before them. Madeleine Peyroux plays a '43 O-17. She's small, but it looks more like a OO. :?
     Jeff

Hey Jeff!

yea, i'm really no expert on 30's Martin's.. just re-telling what i saw over there ;-)

I also think the experts over there had mentioned that the sizes have not changed, although the new 000/OM's have a more square butt, and the very first one's were more rounded.. but this is the stuff for the guys who really study these things, and that's really not me ;-)

sounds good no matter what!



   The lower bout on the '37 0-17 looks smaller in the pic on Ebay. The one Eddie is playing looks more like a OO, the lower bout being a little larger? The newer ones look more like his, IMO.
   Anyone else know exactly what size it is? Just Googled it & says it's a '40s Martin OO-17. Will look further, but some are saying an -18 series that's darkened. Don't think that's the case? The '40s OO-17 sounds & looks right? Another says its' a OO-18 Koa top, which might be right also? 
   There's a pic in AG mag that has Madeleine Peyroux on it that shows here inside with her O-17. Looks smaller.
   Think the OO size is right, now what series?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)


So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

   There is so much speculation on what the heck it is. Some say a "Size 5" with an aged or Koa top, Some a "Terz". Others say it's a model 194X O-18. Some help? Size 5-15? Back then, a cheaper version of the Terz, with either a Koa top or well aged one. I'm repeating myself. Rainman thing I have! From the Pearl Jam Forum. They have one of those? :humour:
    Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)


So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

   Got it from a good source that it looks like a OO-17, nothing smaller & definitely not a 5-15. Might have others he plays, but the one on the video is a OO size, -17 series.
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)


So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true


   Duck, check out the video, if you haven't yet. Fingerpicks pretty well. And sings @ the same time! I never saw him play guitar before this, but I don't follow him. Like his voice though...
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)


So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 29, 2010, 02:25:10 PM
   Duck, check out the video, if you haven't yet. Fingerpicks pretty well. And sings @ the same time! I never saw him play guitar before this, but I don't follow him. Like his voice though...

Okay I might even if I'm still not ready to forgive him for Last Kiss.  :winkin: 

Powered by EzPortal