Anyone use the Hercules Duo (2) or 3 guitar stand?

Started by cke, April 11, 2010, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOTE CHANGE-MOD>  2or 3 git stand.

I have a small playing area - now my collection is growing, it's too small to leave the cases out when I want to play more than one.

I have  a Hercules stand that I really really like - but it's for 1 guitar.

Anybody use the 2  o r 3guitar stand? What do you think of it?
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Chris, no help. I have the same one as you & the same problem too. Didn't feel the need for the double, now I do. Wasn't sure about stability. They've shot up in price alot the last 2 years. Hope someone can answer your question? It's a drag trying to play 2 guitars w/o dragging the cases into the room with you. I have to keep getting up & putting one back in the case, etc.. A problem!
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 11, 2010, 04:33:10 PM
   Chris, no help. I have the same one as you & the same problem too. Didn't feel the need for the double, now I do. Wasn't sure about stability. They've shot up in price alot the last 2 years. Hope someone can answer your question? It's a drag trying to play 2 guitars w/o dragging the cases into the room with you. I have to keep getting up & putting one back in the case, etc.. A problem!
     Jeff
:crying: Talent and resources is such a burden!
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Your better off with 2 or 3 singles the the multy stands because when you remove one the balance is off.I have fixed many a broken headstock and side cracks due to multy stands.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on April 11, 2010, 04:52:27 PM
Your better off with 2 or 3 singles the the multy stands because when you remove one the balance is off.I have fixed many a broken headstock and side cracks due to multy stands.
OUUUUUCHHH!! :crying:
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Put up some wall hangers, they don't get bumped over when they're hanging on the wall.  + they are the best wall art I own.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Chris, I have a multi 4 git stand which I have standing but no git on it. The reason for this is, I have alot of friends that come over for a gig, so they always have a stand if they need so. I also have 6 single stand for my own use.
In regards to the multi stand, it is so handy
cheers
fongie

I use seperate stands for each guitar. Even beaters. They were designed to counter balance a guitar. Multi stands only counter balance by what is on the other side, regardless of how well designed they are. Just my opinion.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 11, 2010, 11:46:38 PM
Put up some wall hangers, they don't get bumped over when they're hanging on the wall.  + they are the best wall art I own.

Roger is on to something.  Wall hangers free up floor space, and take your guitars out of harms way.  Hercules makes a good one.

DAVE
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: unclrob on April 11, 2010, 04:52:27 PM

Gotta say I agree with Uncle on this one. For some reason if this stand upends than you got all your eggs ( well 3) in one basket. The wall idea is something I too am considering as got many single Hercules scattered thruout
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Wall hangers is a good idea.  Right now I got 3 separate single stands from 3 dfferent brands too  :winkin:.  I was also thinking of getting the multiple guitar stand.  But now that I hear what UncRob said, I'll stick to what I have.  Just probably get some hangers too.  Thanks.

:wave
"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"

Thanks for all the posts. I also posted on AGF and had opposite advise! (About the Hercules stands specifically).

So one showed up at Sam Ash . I made sure I could return it and bought a Hercules 2 git model to try.

I am impressed. The base folds out to be very wide. The center of gravity can be set fairly low. I put 1 guitar on it and banged on the stand to check it's stability. Worked well. I don't think it is ultimately as stable as the single type, and clearly less secure than wall hangers, but I think it better than adequate.   I think it does a better job than cheap singles I've seen.

Anyway. Prayers appreciated  :smile:
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

I use the three-fers - I own three.  I frequently gig with 9 or so instruments, including metal-body resonators.  The Hercules stand are extremely stable and yes, you can hang just one instrument on a three-fer without it tipping.  Add the extra security of automatic neck clamps and you have rock-solid storage.

Quote from: cke on May 02, 2010, 03:44:14 PM
Thanks for all the posts. I also posted on AGF and had opposite advise! (About the Hercules stands specifically).

So one showed up at Sam Ash . I made sure I could return it and bought a Hercules 2 git model to try.

I am impressed. The base folds out to be very wide. The center of gravity can be set fairly low. I put 1 guitar on it and banged on the stand to check it's stability. Worked well. I don't think it is ultimately as stable as the single type, and clearly less secure than wall hangers, but I think it better than adequate.   I think it does a better job than cheap singles I've seen.

Anyway. Prayers appreciated  :smile:

I missed your post on AGF.   :blush:

The leader of my folk trio has the three-holer Herc.  He uses it for a Gallagher, a D-35 and a Vega Long-Neck, both during rehearsals and at gigs.

I've placed and removed instruments several times without noticing any shift in position.   Apparently the center of gravity is well within the span of the legs, even with only two instruments aboard.   I can't say how it handles just one.

It also supported my Fender Jazz bass, counterbalanced by two dreads, with no problem.    I've never weighed my bass, but I'd guess it's around 10 pounds.

All in all, I think it's a worthwhile piece of gear.  Even so, I think I'd prefer wall hangers if I were practicing in a confined space.

:donut :beer
Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Martin OM-21
Lowden O10

Esteve 1GR08
Ibanez AS73
Fender MIJ Strat
Deering Standard
Fender Jazz '62 Reissue
Carvin LB-70

Besson 967 Euphonium

Thanks all. I have been using the 2g it model for a couple of weeks, even on a gig of sorts and no problems. I do make sure the base is as wide as possible and the height is low as accomodates the gits. I have had each guitar on it alone and all combinations including the L and P. Picked them up put them back both with only one and with a guitar on each side. It has been just fine.

Wow, imagination a product that is not just hype, well engineered, works as advertised and reasonably priced. Hercules must have taken a page from Larrivee.  :thumbsup
Chris
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden