Dave Alvin Fans ?

Started by tuffythepug, December 05, 2009, 01:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey forum friends.   I'll be checking out a local appearance by Dave Alvin in a small venue next Sat.  It's supposed to be an all acoustic show with Nina Gerber.  I don't know if this is part of the "Guilty Women" tour or what.  He seems to appear in several different band configurations these days.     If anyone is interested I can post some thoughts and pics after the show.
I admit I've only begun to appreciate his music in the last couple of years.

T

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 05, 2009, 01:44:08 PM
 If anyone is interested I can post some thoughts and pics after the show.

T

Not familier with the artist but am always interested in checking out new stuff. I'll see if I can find him on youtube.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

One of my absolute faves tuffy, even from the Blasters days (hence my moniker!).

I think you'll be seeing him acoustically with Nina Gerber, then he tours with some of the Guilty Women later on.  Just an outstanding songwriter, and one hell of a guitar player, acoustically and when he breaks out the Strat.  I'd love to hear your thoughts & see some pics. 

He also just played a gig with Brian Wilson which I would have loved to see:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/12/live-review-brian-wilson-and-company-in-the-sun.html

Got a couple of his cd's here, like his voice and style.

Love Alvin, a great live performer. Any reports on how the show went? Saw him at The Bamboo Room a couple of years ago, dynamite show. Gave him a copy of Walkin With Mr. Lee after the show, figured he'd like some road tunes on the way to the next gig. He was surprised it was even out on CD and happy with it. A down to earth good guy and loves to deliver the goods on stage.