Cort L900P

Started by webberink, November 06, 2009, 09:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I have been eying up the Cort L900P for some time.  Any one have an opinion.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!

Hi Dave
Just Googled it and I must say my first impression is it is similar to Tanglewood's TW-73 which I believe is also built by Cort.It is also a Cedar topped Parlor with a slotted headstock. I played one of those and I loved it, besides the 1 11/16" nut which I find uncomfortable.
http://www.guitar.co.uk/tanglewood/1126-tanglewood_tw73_acoustic_parlour_guitar
I have a Walden in Cedar and Rosewood, and although it's a larger Grand Auditorium body, the ultra quick response of cedar, and the warm tone together with the rosewood is a pretty universal feature of that tone wood.
Have you played the Cort? Looks like a prime finger style instrument - I like the pyramid bridge...
Zohn
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Very nicely finished - kind of a glowing satin. Nut measures 1 13/16, wider than the advertised 1 3/4.
Clean workmanship, nice look. The tuner slots are slightly on the narrow side.
I had one but found I am not fond of the cedar voice with steel strings, but otherwise a very sweet guitar.
Cort makes a very nice instrument these days.

cort makes very good guitars.
Jeffrey

cort makes very good guitars.  :+1:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I have not yet been able to play one.  They don't seem to have arrived in Canada yet.  I looked when I was in New Zealand last summer (well winter there) and they did not seem to be in the music stores in Auckland or Wellington either.  Has any one seen one or better yet handled one other than cc407.  I did see one for sale on DR. Clucks in the US.
Dave
I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!