Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim,

Is Monday March 16 the official date of the Factory Tour?

Is this our go-ahead to book our flights?

Where is our meeting place?

I have a pretty good idea how to get around the city... so I'll volunteer as guide... though I'm sure most can manage with a GPS.

Warmly,

ricky

PS - Norman, are you coming? Would be cool if we can hang out together and be billeted by local friends.

Ricky,

I've had to bail due to schedule conflicts. That is the week of school spring break AND the week my daughter is flying down from Princeton for a visit. No confusion on priorities for me.

Have a great time and take lots of group pictures!

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

I never knew that the larrivee factory was in East Van until I joined the facebook group today.  I've driven that road a thousand times and never ever noticed anything.....!!

I am pretty sure ya'll will have a great time.
Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places to live!
Jeffrey

OK group. Sorry for the wait I got my flights $ 254 round trip not bad. The Larrivee Forum III Day is March 16. I am looking forward to meeting some you and picken some tunes!
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: GeeNorm on February 06, 2009, 04:08:27 PM
I've had to bail due to schedule conflicts. That is the week of school spring break AND the week my daughter is flying down from Princeton for a visit. No confusion on priorities for me.

Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Looks like I need to start making plans too - Jim H already declared March 16 as the Day of the Factory Tour.   It's a Monday... I hope I can get cheap flights;

if I can't fly in a jet, I'll have to drive the Jetta... show my OO-09 hopefully to Jim & whoever else from the Forum will be there.

ricky - we'll miss you bro!

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on February 06, 2009, 06:05:12 PM
OK group. Sorry for the wait I got my flights $ 254 round trip not bad. The Larrivee Forum III Day is March 16. I am looking forward to meeting some you and picken some tunes!
Jim Holler

That is a very good deal you got there Jim.

My wife and I looked into getting some tickets to Vancouver from Winnipeg..

and the best we could find was 410 per person... :S
Jeffrey

OK, I've decided that you guys are gonna be the death of me. First the forum git and now the factory tour. I want to go SO bad and the boss even says I can. UGGGHHHHHHHH :?

So, since I'm thinking about this...imagine that, where are folks planning on staying. Does anybody want to share a suite or something? Let me know.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

It must be nice to afford the trip. Wish I could do it. I'm the only income @ the moment, so I lose out to meet people with names & faces ! I'm envious ! Have fun to all who are going. :crying:
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Jeff,

Never said I could afford it.

My mistake. I guess it's kinda a reality check for all. :smile:
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Does anybody know, Larrivee does the factory tour on request through out the year..?
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on February 06, 2009, 07:46:55 PM
Does anybody know, Larrivee does the factory tour on request through out the year..?

I planned a trip north (from Northern California) around a tour.  Don't quote me, but I believe they were then (about four or five years ago) offering tours on Tuesday at 1:00.  Lasted about an hour.  It was wonderful.  two players and two slightly bored, but accommodating wives.  One was from Japan and spoke little but took a hundred pictures.  It was very cool, since the "guitar thing" proved to be a common language.  Funky place putting out serious guitars (as we well know). Friendly people willing to show their stuff. I'd like to do it again.
Magwa Keener
Coarsegold, CA
=========
SC 000
CP Model "G"
Martin D18-DC

So what is the possibility of picking up my F3 at the same time as the tour??  How cool would that be?  There seem to be a couple of LH spruce/ rosewood under construction.  Maybe one of them has my name on it.
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Sorry folks, I never did realize there are already 3 pages to this thread.  I don't even remember reading page 1.

So Danny (dependan) is in. Looks like Lynda is in the process of deciding.

I guess I'm not officially in until I actually have the airline tickets - as I don't want to take the chances of the 12-hour road trip in case there's snow in the mountains.

For now, I'm planning on going. I'm in.

The cheapest tickets I checked last week is 380 CDN round trip - that's what? 100 USD  :whistling:

Seriously, it's cheaper for Jim H to fly all the way from New York to Seattle round trip than for me to fly to a next door province?

Really, our American friends have it sooooo good !!!   (Okay... here goes the Canucks {not the hockey team Jeff} ranting again!!!)

ricky

Ricky,

$380 and you're next door! You're joking, right? Best I can do is $440 and I'm 3,500 km away from you. Check Westjet if you haven't already.

As for me, I really want to be in, but think I need to wait for a bit before biting the bullet. Will definitely let you guys know as soon as I know.  :cheers

Just looked at Westjet and you can get all in $287. :smile:

Remember the Festival Express train?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I do under stand how you(lynda, ricky and fellow canucks) feel. I got a quote for $450 to fly to vancouver....
It is very ridiculous!!!
Jeffrey

It's the same down here. If we were having it in OH, we'd be in the same boat, plane, whatever. What about trains or carpooling?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I'm looking at Amtrak to Seattle - always wanted to take a trip on the Coast Starlight - This may be the chance -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on February 07, 2009, 10:03:56 PM
I'm looking at Amtrak to Seattle - always wanted to take a trip on the Coast Starlight - This may be the chance -

Tad

That sounds interesting.   I love to travel by rail.   It's not fast but it's very pleasant and leisurely.
Where would you be leaving from ?  You're in the bay area arent' you ?  Would you rent a car to drive from Seattle then ? I may look into that myself. 

Tuffythepug