Has anyone here had any experience with Prestige Guitars? Now with PICs!

Started by G Man, April 02, 2008, 07:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

They are a Canadian company who select the woods in CA, ship them off as billets to Korea, where they are shaped, stained and finshed, (don't know yet if they are poly or nitro) and then shipped back to the Canadian plant for addition of all hardware and electronics.  Grover  tuners, Seymour Duncan pickups, USA made pots.  Real pretty guitars and what looks to be a very nice finish and QC.  I am thinking about getting the Heritage Standard.  Here's a link, Prestige Guitars

So, have any of you Canadians had a chance to check one of these out in person?

TIA

Just got it and it is a beauty.

Well, I took a chance and ordered a Prestige Heritage Standard LP from ebay. Let me tell you, this is a class guitar all the way. Much nicer than any of the epi's I have seen. solid one piece AAAA Quilted Maple 1/2" cap, solid one piece mahogany back, one piece mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl markers, Grover tuners, Seymour Duncan 57/JB pickups, quality US made electronics, TKL hardshell case. Meticulous craftmanship throughout. This puppy is heavy, definately NOT a chambered body. And all for a cool $600!

Unfortunately, at the moment all I have to play it through is my V-Amp 2, but I have an Epi Valve Jr head due this week, and an avatar 2x12 cab with aged Celestion Vintage 30 (Hellatone 60) and aged Celestion G12H 30 (Hellatone 30) due next week.

I have a feeling my acoustics are going to be lonely for a little while.  At least while I get this out of my system.  But let me tell you, playing the V-Amp 2 with a CD patched in through a set of headphones after the kids have gone to bed it about as much fun as you can legally have with your clothes on. :thumb

Happy picking all. :nana_guitar
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

Well, I went for it.  Hope its as good in real life as it looks on paper, or on screen as the case may be.  $600 with a hardshell case, seems like a pretty good deal if it is as good as it looks.  I'll make sure to post when I get it and have had a chance to play it a bit.  Although, I can't say how good of a review can be expected, as I am really an acoustic player and haven't played electrics in years.  Now, for the amp. :arrow

[attachment no longer available]
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

:nice guitar:

Very pretty.  In my experience with electrics, once you clear the ~$450-$500 pricepoint, the biggest difference among guitars is mostly cosmetic, discounting obvious tonal differences between say a LP bodystyle and a strat or tele...  You can always customize your pickups, and a large part of your sound can be controlled at the amp.

But then again, on subjects like these I'm a frat boy in a wine tasting party.
Larrivee D-03R "Marie"
www.joereitzphoto.com

I know zip about electrics but that is a real pretty guitar. If it plays and sounds as nice as it looks you did good.

:cheers
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

BTT for new pics and quick once over.
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15