LARRIVEE ELECTRIC GUITARS!

Started by guitarcrazy, January 17, 2008, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big News from NAMM is the introduction of carved top Electrics!  Check them out at www.larriveeelectrics.com!  I have some headed my way!  JB

P.S., it looks like the Creature won the free strings for guessing correctly!  J
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

It looks like they are having some issues with the new website, but check back later as they will hopefully have it up and running soon!  J :nana_guitar
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Wow, I can't wait to see these.....come on Larrivee get that site up!   :nanadance

Am I the only one thats a little dissapointed that this is the big news???  I actually liked the fact that Larrivee was an all acoustic builder...in recent times anyway.  This would be like Martin reissuing there electric line.....just dissapointing....IMO.  Plus I don't play electric....so oh well... :yawn

Cheers,

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: Blue in VT on January 17, 2008, 11:18:03 AM
Am I the only one thats a little dissapointed that this is the big news???  I actually liked the fact that Larrivee was an all acoustic builder...in recent times anyway.  This would be like Martin reissuing there electric line.....just dissapointing....IMO.  Plus I don't play electric....so oh well... :yawn

Cheers,

Blue

I'm with you Blue.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Blue in VT on January 17, 2008, 11:18:03 AM

Cheers,

Blue

I wasn't disappointed cause I wasn't expecting anything to come out that I'd be interested in. I'd have been interested if they came out with some lighter built guitars, but I think thats about the only thing that would make my ears perk up.

Here is the brochure.

[attachment no longer available]

I'm not sure I like the looks of the cutaway -- it seems a bit stubby to me compared to what I expect to see there -- and I don't know why they've gone with a 25.5" scale length rather than the shorter scale that I would expect on that configuration.  But they've done one thing absolutely right, which is separate volume and tone controls for each pickup.  To me, that's part of the essential magic of the traditional Gibson design.

Can't complain about the Lollar pickups or the long mortise and tenon, though.

I wonder how much luck they'll have at that price; they'll be competing with the higher-end production line Gibs, as well as the new Collings electrics.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Website is now live!  www.larriveeelectrics.com  J
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Oh be still my heart. I have a 80's LT1 and I have GAS!!!

The more I look at these the more I like them.  It's funny, because I've only become an LP fan in the last two years, but it's now one of my favourite tones.  Nice to know that these will be weight-relieved too.  (My own LP weighs in at about 11 lbs.!  The Bigsby doesn't help.)

I'll definitely be checking these out.   My guess is that they'll be a bit brighter and snappier than an LP, because of the longer scale.

So much for the GAS-free year.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

So when do we get to start complaining that we want one with Lollar P-90s?   :laughin:
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

The amber and charcoal aren't doing it for me -- too PRS -- but I like the two 'bursts.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

Interesting. Taylor has the thinnest carved top and now Larrivee has the thickest. 

wow thoughs are some fine looking edlecrtics.  i like the tobaco or cherry sunburst best :nice guitar:

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Pass ...

I don't play electric and even if I did, I just don't find the new Larrivee's attractive to the eye.

Hopefully they sound great and everyone that buys one love it.  In the meantime, I'll stick with my OM-03-12 acoustic!

John
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

The body shape kinda resembles an L body cutaway acoustic.
More than I deserve.