bourgeois guitars

Started by joel, December 05, 2006, 12:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is what Twelfth Fret have to say about Dana Bougeois  and they know a thing or two.
http://www.12fret.com/new/Bourgeois_DBJ_cutaway_pg.html
All music is folk music, I ain't never heard no horse sing a song
Louis Armstrong

1999 Larrivee OM-01
1981 Larrivee L-09
2005  Larrivee P-05 MT

I now own 2006 Bourgeois Vintage-D that is in mint condition.  It has very dark rosewood back/sides with adi top.  Aaaahhhh.
Larry

<1 or 2 nice ones>

Update...The JOMC sitka/indian rosewood that I have had now for a few months is one of the nicest sounding guitars I have played.  It has a piano-like tone that I have heard only in brazilian rosewood guitars, and this is lowly east indian RW.  Dana really does know how to chose great wood and build an inspiring guitar with it.  I would give up all my Larrivees before you could pry my Bourgeois out of my cold dead hands...It's that good. 

However, I recently compared my JOMC with a cedar/walnut NAMM show JOMC and was not impressed.  The cedar bourgeois was too dry sounding and rather quiet, but it was a gorgeous looking guitar.  I went to the store ready to trade, but decided against it.  I also picked on a pre-Pantheon OM Dana made 10 years ago or so and it didn't do much for me, but it was suprisingly loud for an OM.  LESSON - Just because it costs several grand doesn't mean it will inspire you!  One of my favorite acoustics of all time is a D-03 blackwood that I just can't seem to talk my friend into selling to me, and he paid around $700 for it.  It sounds much better than 700 bucks for sure! 
OM-03 MT Custom (Cree Studios "Fish Guitar")