B-band retrofit

Started by lppier, December 15, 2006, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

I'm looking for a dual source b-band preamp retrofit for the B-band A5. Which of the B-band XOM preamps will fit the barn-hole door of the B-band A5?
Thanks.

I'm sorry if my question was misleading. I currently have a B-Band A5 preamp mounted barn-door style on the side of my guitar, and want to upgrade to a dual-source B-band system. Will the B-band A4.2 XOM be a direct fit for this?
Thanks.

I don't know about the 4.2, but 6.2 should fit. Dimensions from B-Band web pages for both 5 and 6.2 are:

Weight (with accessories): 140 g
Dimensions: H 42 mm / 1.65", W 56 mm / 2.20", L 61 mm / 2.40"

Seems like the 6.2 is out of production, my local dealer dosen't stock it. Any other options for me?

If you do a Google search, you should be able to find the A6.2 at a few locations online.  Last I checked Musician's Friend, they carried it.  Also Shoreline Music.  --Wally Lawder
Wally Lawder

Taylor 614ce
Musser OM
Guild D-40
Go-Guitar

I upgraded my B Band A5 to the B Band 6.2 on my OMv03re.  The guitar tech performed this operation in less than 5 minutes (the pre-amp just drops in) and gave me a trade-in value for the old A5 pre-amp so it didn't cost very much.  The plugged-in sound of the guitar is  improved, the tone is richer and seems to have more "shimmer".  I completely recommend this easy upgrade.