What one guitar would you choose ?

Started by tuffythepug, December 12, 2006, 10:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could have only one Larrivee guitar (gasp !) for the rest of your life and money was no object, which   model and upgrades would you choose, and why ?

If you could have only one guitar of any type from any manufacturer and money was no object what guitar would you choose and why ?

From Larrivee line, I would choose Lv-09 Brizillian rosewood back and side, Adiondack top.
From any manufacturer, I would choose Collings Small Jumbo Cutaway with Koa side and back, aidrondack top

Larrivee: OM-03MT with plain ebony bridge pins, ebony tuner buttons, and a bone saddle. I'm serious, it has been my favorite of all the Larrivees I've played and I like the looks of it better than the OM-05MT.

Any manufacturer: Maybe a 1930 OM-45. Or maybe a SC OM/PW or bourgeious Vintage OM both having Adi/braz.

I agree with songman :thumb For a Larrivee it would be something Brazillian. For another manufacturer, I am still trying to decide :arrow  
http://www.thepodium.com/t-soundsamples.aspx

kdonovan
kdonovan

The 1990 D-09 I currently have, and a Lowden SLE (O38c: Western Red Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood).

Difficult decision. My 1975 Brazilian L09, of course. But I'm keeping my OOO-50 TSB too and you can't stop me!  :tongue:

A Blackwood/Adirondack L with no bling, but with the old nitro finish.  On the other hand, Phil Keaggy's Olson would do in a pinch too!
- jim

'76 LS-11, L-03BW, OM-03E, D-05-12, OM-09, LB-2

Well, not to beat a dead horse but I already have the one Larrivee I would choose, my LSV-11. And I've already done all the upgrades I wanted, Gotoh 510's, FWI saddle, bone pins. I'm really quite happy with this one. I chose this Larrivee for the short scale (that makes playing easier for my older fingers), the 1 & 13/16 nut width which I find ideal, and the cutaway. This is the first cutaway acoustic I've ever owned and I don't know how I lived without this feature until now. No more changing arm position to access the upper frets.  :smile:

If I had to pick any one guitar I could have if money was no object it would be a ridiculously expensive vintage guitar, like a pre-war Martin D45 for example that goes for over $100,000, just so I could sell it and buy many more guitars I could have if money was no object.  :winkin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on December 12, 2006, 11:47:38 AM
Difficult decision. My 1975 Brazilian L09, of course. But I'm keeping my OOO-50 TSB too and you can't stop me!  :tongue:

OK Ducktrapper, you get a pass.  go ahead and keep em both.   Any thoughts on your choice from any other manufacturer or are you content with those 2 ?

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 12, 2006, 12:55:01 PM
OK Ducktrapper, you get a pass.  go ahead and keep em both.   Any thoughts on your choice from any other manufacturer or are you content with those 2 ?

Heh heh! I'm not even telling you about the other ones I'm concealing in my big parka! Other lines? What wouldn't I like? S'all good if you can afford it.   

I'll take along Mary Helen (OM-05MT)...for tone...and sentimental resons...and to keep her company I think I would get a Froggy Parlor or H model...cause they are local (to me) and sound awesome.

:cheers

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

I think an L-05 would be a good all around guitar if only one Larrivee was allowed.  Stock is fine, no need for any add ons.

Any maker?  Any guitar?  HHhhmmmmm...Sergei DeJonge lives about 10-15 minutes away so probably something I could go and see it being made.  I think I would like a deep body OM, or sort of like an L, with braz rosewood b/s and an Adirondack top, maple bindings, gold Waverlys, 1 3/4" nut, short scale like a 24.9", 14 fret neck.  That would work for me.

The LSV-11 I'm going to buy as soon as I move something else!
Grit Laskin with some outrageous headstock inlay. The man is a guitartist.

I'm happy with my hogtop om-03 as is

Would like a froggy parlor, mcknight skeeter, or a cfm 00-17. Really would be just as content to finish building my 00
more guitars than talent

P-05 IS, om-03

I have an 00-60 and it does just about everything I need.
I don't think this guitar is currently in production.
I play a CFM 000-15s quite a bit so that I'm not retuning all the time, but for right now I have a lot of guitars that are being neglected. Including a SD-60, two parlors, a variety of resonators and 3 other martins, a taylor, an eastman archtop and a few others.
But If I could only keep one, it would be this 00-60; 12-fret slothead. And I'm not gassing for anything.
right now.
as of this writing.
until further notice.

Quote from: Denis on December 12, 2006, 01:49:29 PM
I think an L-05 would be a good all around guitar if only one Larrivee was allowed.  Stock is fine, no need for any add ons.

Any maker?  Any guitar?  HHhhmmmmm...Sergei DeJonge lives about 10-15 minutes away so probably something I could go and see it being made.  I think I would like a deep body OM, or sort of like an L, with braz rosewood b/s and an Adirondack top, maple bindings, gold Waverlys, 1 3/4" nut, short scale like a 24.9", 14 fret neck.  That would work for me.

Can I interest you in a little something in, lets say, snakewood, monsieur?

http://www.12fret.com/new/de_jonge_snakewood_guitar_pg.html

My 04 L-09 without a blink is the only guitar I care to ever own again so that would be my choice.  The only thing I would chance is I would really have liked to had the Angel headstock inlay its beauty would have matched the completely silked top I have!

LSV-05. :cheers
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

LV-10 Brazillian

PRS Private Stock #201 Singlecut
http://prsguitars.com/showcase/private/ps201.html   :thumb
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

Quote from: Queequeg on December 12, 2006, 02:32:23 PM

But If I could only keep one, it would be this 00-60; 12-fret slothead. And I'm not gassing for anything.
right now.
as of this writing.
until further notice.

Queequeg,

It's been almost six whole hours.

RU G.A.S.ing yet?  :arrow :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar  :arrow