B-Band pickup question

Started by Tycho, December 08, 2006, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My D-03RE has the B-Band A5 pickup system.  Lately I've been finding that the output from the pickup is puny.  I played out last night and the sound guy told me that there was a huge difference in the output from my pickup and that of my partner's L.R. Baggs soundhole pickup.  Is this natural, or do I need to change the battery or something?  As I understand it, the battery indicator is supposed to light up when the battery's running down, and that hasn't been happening.

D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Bump...anyone?
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Hi  Tycho.  I found the same to be true with my A4/AST/UST combo.  I think I've heard others say the same.  In most situations, the output is sufficient, but it's not as strong as most other systems.  I often used a Baggs PADI or my K&K Pure preamp just to get some more signal.

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

Thanks David.  That's helpful to know.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02