A Moment of Silence, then I'm going to seriously maim someone!

Started by dbirchett, June 09, 2006, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Those pictures are making me tear up.  :EM>

That is so sad.  What a waste.  I hope FedEx gets their act together and make this right for you. 

Quote from: Randy_R on June 14, 2006, 11:12:43 AM
tire marks? 

I'd be tempted to file a hit and run accident report with the highway patrol   :rolleyes:

Not such a bad idea. Someone should file a Police report. There is negligence written all over that box. If it was an accident fine, but someone tried to commit some type of fraud.
The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on June 14, 2006, 12:13:33 PM
Not such a bad idea. Someone should file a Police report. There is negligence written all over that box. If it was an accident fine, but someone tried to commit some type of fraud.

I agree, It's bad enough that it happened, buts it's criminal that they (lamely) tried to cover it up.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

dbirchett, those pictures are like a kick in the gut. I hope you get to the bottom of this and make whoever is responsible pay - preferably with a piece of their own hide!  :angry:
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

I'd make them eat the remnants of the guitar. Pointy ends first. :angry:

Sorry for that. :EM> I truly hope you get reparation. If not, then peace of mind. I personally would have tremendous trouble to let it go.

Good luck for the knee!
2005 Larrivée LV-03RE
2003 Larrivée Rosewood Special Edition Parlor
1998 Fender American Std Stratocaster
1991 Vantage VS-5 (beater)

Ouch!! One of our best friends in Sheridan plays a Martin of that same vintage. It is almost physical pain looking at those pictures! My daughter just came in, so I showed them to her. She's appalled! She wants to know if you need an "attack teenager."

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

goodness, that's worse than i expected.  kind of reminds me of that happy days episode where Ralph Malph accidentally runs over and demolishes Fonzie's motorcycle and then tries to hide the exhaust pipe in the mailbox...

this ones worth at least 10 a$$ kicks and a dozen more to the groin just for starters...
thinking out loud again

best wishes for restitution on this one.  i hope FedEx does the right thing on this without delay.

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

That's awful.  I wonder if a calton case could have survived that.

Here's my input: CONTACT THE LOCAL MEDIA WITH THE STORY.  IF things are slow, they'll run it.  Fed Ex may get back to you then...
Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Custom Built Orchestra Model

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997

dbirchett...I've just read the history of what you've endured.  So sorry man.  My heart would have sunk to my nether regions had that happened to me.  I'd be VERY interested to learn of Fedex's response to this situation.  I agree with the idea of approaching local media with this story, ESPECIALLY if Fedex gives you the runaround and shows no willingness to make things right by you.  There's nothing like a healthy helping of some very crap publicity to help some motherfrikkin company rediscover their scruples and honor that they've misplaced up their backsides over time.  All the best to you sir...in every respect.
www.grantcyster.com

Larrivee J-05 Jumbo
Taylor 815 Jumbo
American Series Custom Stratocaster

yeah I wonder if the folks at the CNN morning show would like to see this...you know..." keeping them honest " type thing. I can`t imagine how`d react to a situation like that, `course in Japan the delivery company is fully responsible . I truely hope it all works out for you.

The angle to take when approaching the news is not to be on a vendetta against FedEx. Rather, the story angle should be what every consumer should know when shipping expensive items. Do they know about the disclaimers and all the ways that the shipping companies get out of taking responsibility. Of course, it just happens that the martin shipped by FedEx is a big example in the story of what can go wrong. But pitch the consumer protection angle and it makes it easier to get news outlets interested.

Jim

Quote from: jwsamuel on June 15, 2006, 08:41:49 AM
The angle to take when approaching the news is not to be on a vendetta against FedEx. Rather, the story angle should be what every consumer should know when shipping expensive items. Do they know about the disclaimers and all the ways that the shipping companies get out of taking responsibility. Of course, it just happens that the martin shipped by FedEx is a big example in the story of what can go wrong. But pitch the consumer protection angle and it makes it easier to get news outlets interested.

Jim

In other words, caveat emptor (buyer beware), right?

Quote from: Denis on June 15, 2006, 08:49:32 AM
In other words, caveat emptor (buyer beware), right?

Pretty much.

The problem comes when the companies position themselves as delivering a specific level of service but then create a lot of fine print that says they really don't have to deliver the service they promise.  Consumers need to be wary, but they need to know what to be wary of.

Jim

WOW....those pics make me alittle queasy....I'll never be so blase' about shipping a guitar again....here is hoping they make it right for you.

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

I dont know if those are tire marks, but it's definitely gotten crushed somewhere along the shipping line.

But that's certainly the worst I've seen.  You so need to kick someone... HARD.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Don, sorry to hear about the loss. I don't think any of us can imagine what your emotions are like.
Hopefully, you and Rob get some answers on this. It is truly everyone's worse nightmare.
I had heard that UPS was limiting their insurnace coverage, but I've never heard anything about FedEx's insurance claims department.
This forum is a great place. I'm not surprised that someone stepped up with another guitar.
Good luck with the knee and concetrate on getting that taken care of first.
--Fred

Don, those pictures would make me feel sick - based on FedEx's lack of integrity in the situation - even if the guitar that was damaged was a $50 Rogue from Musician's Friend.  The fact that it was a classic example from a classic brand of guitars that you've had for 35 years [!!!] (as long as I've been alive) makes it expontially worse.  Maybe you should include that fact if you decide to utilize the media.  I have no other advice to give you on the resolution of this problem, but for your own personal well-being I hope that you can focus on getting through your medical situation and don't let it eat you up.  I know that will be exteremely difficult.  I'm not saying to ignore the situation, but try to (somehow) stay positive and see if something good (like a song, maybe?) can come of the situation.

Best wishes for a good outcome. :<>

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway

UPDATE:

When unclrob received the pieces, he took them down to the FedEX office and ripped them a new one. It was to be returned to me on 6/19 (the day I went into the hospital for surgery). 6/19 came and went, no Martin. Nothing for the rest of the week. I checked tracking and when it got to Phoenix, they sent it back to Florida! I guess someone in Phoenix said, "We can't deliver this mess!"

Now it is again marked return to shipper so I assume that they are going to ship it back to me once again. What a ...
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom