Feedback Buster for larger soundbox

Started by jazzystel, December 03, 2016, 07:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey guys,

I am a proud owner of a Larrivee OOO-50 acoustic guitar. The guitar has a "B-Band" pickup system installed (after market) which sounds great plugged in. Unfortunately, as it's often the case, I suffer from feedback issues when playing live. I have looked for feedback busters online, but the Larrivee soundbox diameter is larger than the standard size (it's 4.25" or around 10.8cm). I found a couple of companies online that can make custom-sized wooden ones, but I need it to be made of rubber, as I have to cut a small part at the top, in order to be able to access the pickup volume and blend controls which are located just inside the soundbox.

Does anyone know of any suppliers or have any recommendations as to where to find the right item?

Many thanks for your help.
Stelios

It doesn't need to be made of rubber I made my first one {back in the 70's}.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

This is a real interesting post and area of interest.

I have played many different acoustic guitars (Larrivee's) with B-band systems, as well as Bagg's systems.
as a solo, with small combo's with full bands, on some big stages and festivals.

I have never had any issue with feedback- (monitor generated or otherwise).

If I end up with any frequencies that are a tad overbearing, or possibly leading to feedback, I usually pinpoint the frequencies and either dial them out myself, or ask the monitor desk to notch back those frequencies.

I see people using those sound hole covers, but have never needed them for the aforesaid reasons.

How loud does one have to be on stage to get feedback with good monitors or in ear monitors?

What am I missing here?
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Whats missing is that most people don't have a front of house let alone a monitor mix.I run front of house for a 5 piece band and either have to relie on the front man to make adjustments or I will walk up to the stage and listen to the monitor mix.Also I have talk them into not being too loud on stage.If some one is too loud I will tell them to turn down or I'll remove them from the FOH mix.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help