best guitar for around 500 and 2000

Started by jhwang123, October 18, 2006, 11:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

A lot of fine suggestions.
Seagull is certainly a great entry level guitar.
I was able to attend the the Carvin 60th celebration in August at their San Diego store and had a chance at sit down and try out their acoustic guitars well, long story short I ended up buying their C750TS for $499, this is one sweet sounding guitar and it comes with the Fishman electronics with a built in tuner. This guitar and my Fender Acoustasonic Jr make a great combo.

Ruben

Quote from: stuco on November 29, 2006, 10:26:01 AM


:ph34r:

It is on ebay for $300 as a starting bid with a $50 shipping with 6 day left. 

DM9_W0QQitemZ300054725932QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I imagine you will pay at least $500 for that guitar

Don't be surprised if it doesn't even hit $400.
1997 Tacoma PM20
2001 Tacoma C5C Chief
2004 Tacoma EMM30 Forum Guitar
2006 Tacoma VECK40C

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Getting back to your original question was a secound guitar mthat you can go places with,you mentioned Blueridge,nice guitars.you can also look at Washburn D10S,solid top guitars,voted best bang for the buck,also the new kids on the block would be the likes of Carvin,or if you are looking at slightly more money Simon and Patrick,hope you find what you are looking for.louis

For a "take anywhere" guitar, I think a Blueridge would be great.  They are typically easy to play, sound great and the price is right.  I also agree with the previous poster on Washburns.  I've had a Washburn D-32S since 1991 - bought it new.  I think it's a nice guitar.  The D-10 is also nice and is a good value.

For your friend, I would whole-heartedly recommend trying a Santa Cruz.  Should be able to find a used OM in the $2K price range (realistically, closer to $2500).  I have a '99 Santa Cruz OM custom that is one of the most amazing guitars I've ever played.  It's with me for the long haul.  I also have a Martin D-18V that is exceptional.  If I had to choose, I think I would have to go with the Cruz - but that doesn't imply that the Martin is inferior in any way.  Just my personal taste.  I think a new D-18V can be had for around $1750.  I bought mine from Jon Garon at www.MyFavoriteGuitars.com.  Jon is wonderful to work with.  Good luck.

FOr $2000, you can not do better than Used COLLINGS in my opinion.

Powered by EzPortal