SOLD: Photomat's Larrivee #54 LS-03 All Hog

Started by photomat, November 28, 2009, 11:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT......I am selling a few of my guitars to help fund a custom build  (sorry, I will pass on this F IV 00-03 MT) and As much as I love EVERYTHING about this guitar, I just prefer the LS-03 M/IS I have and I need to reduce a few from my collection to pay for the new one.  It sounds amazing, crisp clear and woody, and it even smells great (for you guitar sniffers in the group.   :)   )  This one is great for both strumming and finger style, where I like the Italian spruce top best for finger style.

Perfect condition, with the FIII hat and picks. This is # 54 of the numbered 78 $SOLD paypalled and shipped.

email me or pm me, or heck, even pick up the phone and call me (WEST COAST TIME  :wink: ) 206-714-0845

Matt






FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Good on you Matt.  Sory to see it go though probably.  I know i would be.  I'm here still patiently waiting for a lefty F3 IS/MH to come available to complement my #68 IS/RW.  Someone out there want to part with theirs?   :whistling:
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Quote from: johnny37 on November 29, 2009, 02:54:07 PM
Good on you Matt.  Sory to see it go though probably.  I know i would be.  I'm here still patiently waiting for a lefty F3 IS/MH to come available to complement my #68 IS/RW.  Someone out there want to part with theirs?   :whistling:

I hope you get one one day...I am keeping the M/IS and the all hog is headed to TEXAS!!!  (no not danny) and I am sure it will be well received.  It is a great one.

I hope they do another factory tour so we can all get together again...should be no problem smack in the middle of the Olympics????

Matt
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Don't even get me started on the Olympics.  None of what I have to say about it is for sensitive ears.  We are paying HUGE for a party that the vast majority of us have no chance of getting in to.  And the paying will continue for years down the road.  Mother f#$%^ing Olympics.  Plans for me are to be gone for most of it.  I don't want to hear about it.  Yeah, call me the olympic grinch, but in this economy, and really any other, I'll let someone else pay that bill.  I've got no use for it.  The forced business closures due to "Olympic security", and these closures are being enforced for almost two months, prior to and then through both the regular and the special olympics.  No compensation, nothing for the employees.  The road closures and the blocked off areas, again for "security" and for Olympic bigwigs to use on their own.  Vancouver still has to function somehow.  The whole city can't just close down for this crap.  The Olympics - you can heve 'em.

As for the factory tour though, I'll be there, in a heartbeat.  I'll even bring my F3 for a little comparison stuff with the new F4's.  There better be a lefty F4 there though for me to A/B with! :bgrin: 
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Matt,

I know how the juggling act can be when you have to part with instruments that you love in order to keep heading up the ladder towards your dream guitar. In a perfect world I've have a house full of guitars, but I'd probably be single too :winkin: Your hog sure was a beauty..

BTW, did this one stay with someone on the Forum?  Best of luck with your custom build, it should be a fun journey if it's anything like what I experienced.

~ Ray ~
Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Martin 0-16NY
Martin 0-18K
Martin 0-17

Quote from: photomat on November 29, 2009, 05:59:01 PM
I hope you get one one day...I am keeping the M/IS and the all hog is headed to TEXAS!!!  (no not danny) and I am sure it will be well received.  It is a great one.

I hope they do another factory tour so we can all get together again...should be no problem smack in the middle of the Olympics????

Matt

Well since we know it wasn't me, can you give us a hint who the new owner is?
             On the UMGF they actually have a guy who tracks all the owners of forum guitars. That may be a good Idea for us also. (but it won't be me ;-)

The guitar is in Longview, Texas. It sounds just as nice as it looks. This is my second Larrivee in a year since I also bought a L-09-12 last summer. I also have a couple of Santa Cruzs that I tend to "baby", probably too much. I bought the F-III to travel with and to play with my grandson on my knee (he's 18 months and likes to use a pick). I really like the LS size and feel. The all hog is a little mellow, but I like the sound. I really like to sing with it. My Cruzs tend to be so loud that they are difficult to sing over un-amplified. I've had it about a month and have played it almost exclusively during that time. I put bone bridge pins in and it got louder with a lot more sustain, which I like. I was a little surprised since several had said that they didn't hear much change with bone pins. Nice guitar and Photomat was great to work with.

Clark Spencer

Clark, you got one of the nicest looks Forum III hogs in the batch ~ it's a beauty. I'm enjoying mine and will try the bone pins. Where did you get yours? I'll probably also follow Tuffy's lead and get the grover tuners too. Enjoy :smile:

~ Ray ~

Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Martin 0-16NY
Martin 0-18K
Martin 0-17

Quote from: clark24426 on December 27, 2009, 11:57:05 PM
The guitar is in Longview, Texas. It sounds just as nice as it looks. This is my second Larrivee in a year since I also bought a L-09-12 last summer. I also have a couple of Santa Cruzs that I tend to "baby", probably too much. I bought the F-III to travel with and to play with my grandson on my knee (he's 18 months and likes to use a pick). I really like the LS size and feel. The all hog is a little mellow, but I like the sound. I really like to sing with it. My Cruzs tend to be so loud that they are difficult to sing over un-amplified. I've had it about a month and have played it almost exclusively during that time. I put bone bridge pins in and it got louder with a lot more sustain, which I like. I was a little surprised since several had said that they didn't hear much change with bone pins. Nice guitar and Photomat was great to work with.

Clark Spencer
Howdy Clark, thanks for the response. I almost moved to Longview 20 years ago. I wound up in Austin instead. I have bone pins in my F-III but it is a mahogany with an Italian spruce top, and the pins didn't seem to do anything but make it look better.
               Please post some more about your guitars and your grand children. You seem to have bought the right guitar and posted on the right forum.  
                I spent the day with my grandson yesterday and we had a blast. :thumbsup

I got the $12 pins from Luthiers Mercantile that I saw recommended on a Bone Pin thread here on the forum. I also bought some black buffalo horn pins that I haven't tried yet. They were about the same price and shipping was $8 for one or probably ten sets, so I thought that I would give them a try.

I was all fired up to gloss this guitar when I bought it, but after it got here I liked it with the satin finish enough to leave it. Larrivee's satin finish seems much smoother and better looking than what I have seen on others brands.

Quote from: clark24426 on December 28, 2009, 12:33:47 AM
I got the $12 pins from Luthiers Mercantile that I saw recommended on a Bone Pin thread here on the forum. I also bought some black buffalo horn pins that I haven't tried yet. They were about the same price and shipping was $8 for one or probably ten sets, so I thought that I would give them a try.

I was all fired up to gloss this guitar when I bought it, but after it got here I liked it with the satin finish enough to leave it. Larrivee's satin finish seems much smoother and better looking than what I have seen on others brands.
Well, anyone who will admit it knows that no one does mahogany better than Larrivee. That includes SCGC.     Sorry but they just do. Check out the GOTM it is the best mahogany guitar I have ever seen; And I have seen it.

Quote from: dependan on December 28, 2009, 12:54:22 AM
Well, anyone who will admit it knows that no one does mahogany better than Larrivee. That includes SCGC.     Sorry but they just do. Check out the GOTM it is the best mahogany guitar I have ever seen; And I have seen it.
Sorry, my Martin D-18GE is the class of the field.   :guitar   :humour:
Play it daily for best results.

Photomat, what is your custom guitar going to be? Is it a Larri and what woods etc? Regards, Rick

Quote from: leerichards on December 31, 2009, 04:09:28 AM
Photomat, what is your custom guitar going to be? Is it a Larri and what woods etc? Regards, Rick

I would not have sold this or quite a few of my others if it were not a a giant step up for me.  I am getting a Santa Cruz Dread. I want a real old time sounding and playing one. I am still keeping my IS/M for fingerstyle, and the fact that Larrivees are great guitars.

I should have it at the first of Feb or so..... :winkin:
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Powered by EzPortal