New Acquisition

Started by inrharmony, December 07, 2006, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

As you can see by my signature, a new guitar has made it into my stable.  My Aunt has willed to me, although it's more of a gift since she's still very much alive, her circa 1971 Martin D12-35.  She hasn't played this guitar in years...and arthritis, on top of taking care of her disabled husband, has made it impossible to keep playing.  She's been talking for years about giving this to me, and finally did so today. 

Obviously I'm thrilled to acquire this fine 12 string, and it opens up a whole new world for me.  Supertramp's "Give a Little Bit" was the first chord progression that came across on my newest guitar.  I sure hope my Larrivee doesn't get jealous!!! 

Typical Martin D sound....full bass, but it balances well with the rest of the spectrum.  I'll have fun using this for my family service gig at the synagogue.  I have plenty of room for two guitars....or more. :bgrin: :bgrin:  I see a new sig pic coming soon.... :cheers
Larrivee D-03E
Martin D12-35
Ventura Bruno V-1586 Classical

 :cheers one for free guitars :cheers
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

You'll enjoy that 12 string . . . lots of fun.  :thumbsup

How's the neck on that one?  I saw one last year around the same age that needed a neck reset.  Just curious.
Johnson L Body
A&L AMI
Cort Earth 900
Taylor Big Baby
Gold Tone PBR
Regal RC-51
Fender R48
Ariana Classical
Seagull Artist Grand
Gibson SJ
Gibson J-55
Taylor 355
Taylor 414
Larrivée L-05
Guild D-55
Taylor 614ce
Taylor 714ce
Taylor 814c
Kent archtop
Silvertone archtop
Les Paul Custom

Quote from: Roman on December 08, 2006, 09:34:33 AM
You'll enjoy that 12 string . . . lots of fun.  :thumbsup

How's the neck on that one?  I saw one last year around the same age that needed a neck reset.  Just curious.

Good question.  It plays pretty well, but since it's basically been unused for years, I'm going to treat it to a setup and see what the expert says.  I understand that these particular guitars are prone to neck problems...in fact, my aunt once sent it to Nazareth to have that very thing looked at, but they found nothing wrong.  So far everything looks and feels good...some intonation issues though, which leads me to think that at least a good setup is in order.
Larrivee D-03E
Martin D12-35
Ventura Bruno V-1586 Classical

Powered by EzPortal