New to forum; Curious about my OM 10

Started by #9, March 11, 2023, 01:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, all!

I recently purchased my first Larrivee.
I'd like to see if anyone can share some insight as to when it was built and maybe how much I should insure it for, if that's necessary.

Serial# 202xx
Decal inside sound hole says Victoria B.C.
Sitka Spruce top
Quilted maple back and sides
Maple bindings
Abalone top and rosette purfling
Ebony fretboard with abalone torch and scroll inlays
Ebony bridge with Celtic knot inlays
Streaky ebony headstock face with abalone unicorn inlay
Mohagony neck with ivoroid fretboard binding
Bone nut
Silver ribbon inlay around headstock face
Larrivee branded closed tuning machines
Early L.R. Baggs contact pickup system with 9v in upper left bout

I'll post some pics when I figure out how to. It keeps saying my file is too big.

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you got yourself a nice guitar.

If you go to the Larrivée website, a new OM10 deluxe with pickup lists for around $6,500. There would likely be an upcharge for maple back and sides. Regarding insurance, you can schedule guitars on a rider through your homeowners, condo or renters policy. I pay less than $100 for a total value of $20,000 on 9 guitars

I'll post some pics when I figure out how to. It keeps saying my file is too big.

I'd love to see 'em. Always a fan of Larrivee bling.

If you're on a Mac, just use Preview application to open the picture file. The Tools menu on top will show you "Adjust Size". Set the Resolution to 72 and the Width to 6" save it and that should do it. Likely a PC will have similar adjustments
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Having to upload as gif files, but here are some pics

More... They're pretty low-res, but it is what it is

Couple more...

Wow,,,,smack dab! :nice guitar:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

"you can schedule guitars on a rider through your homeowners, condo or renters policy. I pay less than $100 for a total value of $20,000 on 9 guitars"

Awesome; thanks for the advice!

It looks like it was made in 1996.
I cannot tell month without last two numbers.

What a beautiful guitar!!
I bet it sounds great.
I had an OM-10 from around same year, rosewood, wish I had kept it.

I was at an acoustic guitar buy/sell roadshow when I found this guitar. It jumped out at me from hundreds of feet away at the other end of a large, crowded exhibition hall. When I played it, I was immediately sold.

Larrivee serial machine says build completion date was Monday, September 30th, 1996.

It's definitely a different animal tonally, but in a good way. Really cuts through the mix when surrounded by rosewood and/or mahogany guitars.

That is neat how you picked it out.

I have not played a Maple one.
A great find for you!!

:nice guitar:  Outstanding really!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)