NGD = Yippeeeee!!!!!

Started by NewStrings, November 07, 2018, 01:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, I did it, I traded my Taylor 322e for this beautiful Larrivee LV-05 sunburst (you may have seen my previous tread) and I am incrediblely happy with my decision!!! :nana_guitar  The Larrivee was actually made July 2009 and you would have thought it was made July 2018 judging from the condition it is in!!!!  The seller said he bought it,  played it a few times and it literally gathered dust for all these years.  And it was dusty, so I just have to believe him!  I have gone over it giving it a quick cleaning (more of a dusting you might say) and I cannot find a single mark on it.  Zero fret wear!  I just don't get it, how could somebody just leave the guitar sit unplayed all these years?  So I asked him, his response was that he a Gibson and Martin guy --- loves his D-45 and D-28S and likes the "bid boy sound"!!  Humm, don't get me wrong, I love my Martin's and Gibson's as much as the next guy, but I love my Larrivee equally as much ---- for the balanced sound it provides me. And why then would he want to trade for my small bodied Taylor --- unless he has a buyer for it or another trade deal?   His loss, my gain!!!  I am one very happy camper!!!

A quick question though ---- it didn't come with a strap button (does have an LR Baggs Element though -- which I will be removing in favour of JJB pickup system) and I was wondering about the best location to put it on neck.  I've not owned a "V" before so that is why I am checking with the experts here.  Logically, it would appear to go treble side on the flat spot (directly behind the neck block), but any other suggestions?  And of course, a few pics (pre-cleaning, better ones will follow).

Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

WOW!that is gorgeous!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers :cheers :nanadance :nanadance
Larrivee OM-03MT
Eastman AC322ce
Eastman AC222ce
Eastman PCH3-CO
Art & Luthirie legacy 12 bourbon burst cw qit
Guild D140ce SB
Orangewood Sage Mahogany AE

Quote from: CycleBob on November 07, 2018, 01:38:30 PM
WOW!that is gorgeous!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers :cheers :nanadance :nanadance

:+1:  :nice guitar:

and a full sunburst just BEAUTIFUL.CONGRATS and ENJOY!!!!
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Nice!!!!!!!
Congratulations on a beautiful guitar,you made a very good
Trade.

Hi NewStrings,

Congratulations!

Quote from: NewStrings on November 07, 2018, 01:10:23 PM
✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ 

A quick question though ---- it didn't come with a strap button (does have an LR Baggs Element though -- which I will be removing in favour of JJB pickup system) and I was wondering about the best location to put it on neck.  I've not owned a "V" before so that is why I am checking with the experts here.  Logically, it would appear to go treble side on the flat spot (directly behind the neck block), but any other suggestions? 

--== click the picture to see it in context ==--

What a GORGEOUS guitar! You made a GREAT trade. Wow.  :nice guitar:

And follow ST's advice in the pic above - that's the correct/best location for the strap button. It will help lean the guitar toward you rather than away from you as you stand up to play.

Enjoy that new beauty!

:bowdown:

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I'm pretty sure Jean still paints all the sunbursts himself, so you got a special guitar there.
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Absolutely a very  :nice guitar:, enjoy that guitar for years!
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

:nice guitar:

Actually, that's a gorgeous guitar! Congrats!
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Thanks everyone :thumbsup for the kind words and congrats as well as the advice on the where to locate the strap button.  I really appreciate it!!  Today, I will do the set up on it, a detailed cleaning including install the strap pin and trying various bone saddles to see which one will give the feel and sound that I like.  I also took a few more high quality pics this morning --- as you can see, this guitar is absolutely dead mint! I have never bought a new one in this condition before!  I truly the love the burst --- whether Jean hand sprayed it himself or not, whoever did it was truly an artist!! 

Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

Makes me want a burst!   :beer :thumb
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

NewStrings >>  2009 Sunbursts were done by Jean's hands.  (Congrats on the acquisition!)

Below is an image you can all reference when the "Strap button location" questions come up. Always use a pilot drill first before you screw it in. You can find strap buttons here: https://www.larrivee.com/shop/srap-button-chrome

Here are some nice strap buttons I've been putting on my better guitars lately:

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Strap_Buttons/Waverly_Guitar_Strap_Button.html

:+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: J M Larrivée on November 08, 2018, 10:07:37 PM
NewStrings >>  2009 Sunbursts were done by Jean's hands.  (Congrats on the acquisition!)

Below is an image you can all reference when the "Strap button location" questions come up. Always use a pilot drill first before you screw it in. You can find strap buttons here: https://www.larrivee.com/shop/srap-button-chrome

Thanks for the pics and advice regarding the strap button, I ordered one from the Larrivee shop yesterday.  I have previously installed strap button on several guitars including Collings, Gibson and Martin's --- I take my time, I pre-drill to the right depth (mark my drill bit) and try not to let my hands shake as I drill into a $3000. guitar!!!  :crying:

Of course there is such nice stuff at the Larrivee shop, I couldn't just stop there!!  I ordered a bone saddle and bone nut while I was at it.  I love the sound of bone vs. Tusq and I wouldn't have to worry about bone density/consistency too much because I won't be using an UST pickup once I have the JJB installed.  I love the one I put in my D-05, it really perked it up in my opinion.

Also good to know that Jean was the artist who did the burst --- makes it that much more special!!! 

Life is good!!!! :nanadance

I was watching the exact same model here on a local classifieds (Kijji) in Atlantic Canada. I am kinda glad it is now gone because it was giving me one heck of a GAS bubble. Congrats NewStrings on a beautiful guitar. 
Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Martin HD-28 v18 (EIR/Sitka)
Martin OM-21 Special (EIR/Sitka)

:nice guitar: Congrats on that beautiful Larrivee! That burst finish is wonderful!
Thank you. Tom

Quote from: Yippie on November 12, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
I was watching the exact same model here on a local classifieds (Kijji) in Atlantic Canada. I am kinda glad it is now gone because it was giving me one heck of a GAS bubble. Congrats NewStrings on a beautiful guitar. 

I have this sneaky suspicion that this is one and the same guitar you were looking at on Kijiji ----- the guy I bought from lived in Miramichi N.B. and had it listed in various locations in Atlantic Canada.  Yeah, it was giving serious GAS as well, so much so, I had to find a way to make it come home with me!!  And obviously, it did!!  :nanadance

Small world, it was listed in Moncton so I suspect it is the same one. Congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Martin HD-28 v18 (EIR/Sitka)
Martin OM-21 Special (EIR/Sitka)