"Lifetime Larrivee Transferable Warranty"?

Started by Mikeymac, June 25, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The title of this thread is in quotation marks because this is what a seller is claiming in a Craigslist ad (recently there's been some bemoaning the nonsense you find on craigslist ads on another forum...). Here's a link to the ad in question:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/6187182207.html

(I ran across this ad on the Facebook Larrivee Guitar Owners page.)

I'm pretty sure Larrivee's warranty is ONLY to the original owner.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

This is what they post on Larrivee, which makes me think original owners only.....

*All warranty claims must be accompanied by an original receipt and/or original registration card.

Unless they changed it, it's ONLY to the original owner and that's from Larrivee directly. Whether they've made exceptions or not, no one should expect warranty coverage if they are not the original purchaser, from an authorized Larrivee dealer.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: Danny on June 26, 2017, 12:51:50 AM
The only exception I can think of is a legitimate defect in a guitar, not caused by humidity issues etc.

Then, I believe Larrivee would take care of the problem. I  have solid reasons to make that statement. But I will keep those to myself.

I think you spilled the beans.    :laughin:

Larrivée's warranty is not a "Lifetime Warranty". Nor is it transferable in any way. Larrivée's warranty is a Limited Lifetime Warranty

Quote from: J M Larrivée on June 26, 2017, 11:34:01 AM
 Larrivée's warranty is not a "Lifetime Warranty". Nor is it transferable in any way. Larrivée's warranty is a Limited Lifetime Warranty

Thanks, John. You always clear away the speculation with facts. Much appreciated.  :thumb

Too bad some people selling Larrivees online can't seem to read (or comprehend what they've read).

:donut :coffee

As the old Firesign Theater gag went, "This watch has a Limited Lifetime Guarantee. It`s limited to the lifetime of the watch."   :tongue:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 26, 2017, 05:08:55 PM
As the old Firesign Theater gag went, "This watch has a Limited Lifetime Guarantee. It`s limited to the lifetime of the watch."   :tongue:
"Bear Whiz Beer, it's in the water son, that's why it's yellow." Sorry, couldn't help it...
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Firesign Theater were incredible!

Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZOXm3zY1w

I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmWFrMq3qNY

so the 1994 Larrivee guitar I have, with the original warranty registration might still be good if i fill it out and send it in to them right?
Except it's a Vancouver address...... :cop: :arrow
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on June 28, 2017, 08:35:07 AM
so the 1994 Larrivee guitar I have, with the original warranty registration might still be good if i fill it out and send it in to them right?
Except it's a Vancouver address...... :cop: :arrow

Got a dealer's receipt for the purchase?  :wink:

Quote from: Walkerman on June 27, 2017, 01:51:14 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-yRu5jbt3Y
Saw Frank and crew play this live, supposedly for the very first time, in Chicago back in the 70's. What a guitar player!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Saw Frank at Claremont college in the late 60's.  They had Flo and Eddy and did Billy the Mountain.  Classic.