Cool new tune by Stolen Rhodes.....

Started by fitness1, August 24, 2016, 07:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Save Me....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84XcRPDlw4

Saved me more than once, and almost cost me everything a time or two as well....

and the unplugged version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U6FOBwmTSE
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Geez Todd, this song gives me goosebumps!  I will have to download it...
George

Nice but who stole the piano and why did they name the band after it?  :?

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 25, 2016, 06:35:25 PM
Nice but who stole the piano and why did they name the band after it?  :?

I thought the same thing - we're showing our age..... :ph34r:
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

Never saw anyone playing a Rhodes on any of their videos.  Maybe someone can explain the reason for the name?  The new song is not even available on iTunes yet...
George

Great song.  Reminded me why I love the sound of an electric guitar.

Yes - that is the electric tone that I would strive for if I ever went back to the dark side after a 35 year layoff :roll

I dug through their Facebook page and found this:

Most bands have an amusing anecdote to tell whenever someone asks them about their name. In the case of New Jersey quartet Stolen Rhodes, they have two.

"We had a Rhodes keyboard that was stolen from our singer earlier in his music career," explains Kevin Cunningham, the band's lead guitarist. And the other story? "The band may have commandeered a Rhodes at some point from an undisclosed location," he sheepishly admits.

Take another look at that last sentence: the band sought to reacquire a Rhodes piano, a keyboard that's been out of fashion for nearly three decades. The band's name isn't just a funny story – it's a battle cry.
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

Quote from: fitness1 on August 26, 2016, 01:02:35 PM
Yes - that is the electric tone that I would strive for if I ever went back to the dark side after a 35 year layoff :roll

I dug through their Facebook page and found this:

Most bands have an amusing anecdote to tell whenever someone asks them about their name. In the case of New Jersey quartet Stolen Rhodes, they have two.

"We had a Rhodes keyboard that was stolen from our singer earlier in his music career," explains Kevin Cunningham, the band's lead guitarist. And the other story? "The band may have commandeered a Rhodes at some point from an undisclosed location," he sheepishly admits.

Take another look at that last sentence: the band sought to reacquire a Rhodes piano, a keyboard that's been out of fashion for nearly three decades. The band's name isn't just a funny story – it's a battle cry.

Thanks Todd, this is a great anecdote for this group.  Sort of reminds me of the ancient Hammond B3's that are still in use and being recorded...
George

Looks like I was on the right track. What else could a stolen Rhodes be, however? A Greek Island? A scholarship?   

Anyone know how or what was done to get that guitar tone?

Quote from: Strings4Him on August 27, 2016, 06:22:33 PM
Anyone know how or what was done to get that guitar tone?

Are you talking the LP or the Strat?  Only thing I picked up on is the LP was set to the neck pup and the strat was set to the middle position.  Orange heads, obviously.  I wonder if the LP is plugged directly into a board somehow.  There is no obvious amp in the video connected to the LP.  The Les Paul has such a gorgeous balanced almost jazzy tone doesn't it?
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned the LP.  The sounds is incredible.

Quote from: Strings4Him on August 28, 2016, 05:49:43 AM
Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned the LP.  The sounds is incredible.
I agree.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar