1979 Larrivee Warrior for sale (not mine)

Started by headsup, February 15, 2013, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would be luvly to try. She looks like it didn't gather much dust!!! Would certainly wanna try before I buy in this case
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

as the guitar is in my province, I have emailed and received more pics.
there IS something about an old beat up well made guitar that calls to me, especially when it's a Larrivee.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Never seen one like that.  Pretty amazing! :nice guitar:
Chris

I think it's cool but the $1700 USD price tag is pretty steep.

Quote from: PastorChuck on February 15, 2013, 07:43:16 PM
I think it's cool but the $1700 USD price tag is pretty steep.
Where did you see that  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I texted the seller and that is his asking price

I agree, wear from use, on an old guitar, is hardly a bad thing. What bothers me however is in the photo of the headstock, the tuner hardware appears to have a fair amount of corrosion. And the tenor side of the nut is miscolored, almost as though this headstock was wet or in some extreme conditions for some period of time. Am I seeing things?

Other than that, it's an amazing piece.
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

Somebody buy the guy a wirecutter. I've NEVER understood why people do that with their strings...

Cool ol' guitar, though.

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I have been in contact with the seller, (couple days ago) he has sent me pics, etc, told me his and its history.
I am interested, and have expressed as much, but his price might be a little steep.

we'll see what he wants to do when he comes back from some place or other.

If it was me, buying that guitar new, and doing that much road work, touring with etc., I wouldn't let it go, but we all have our reasons for parting with guitars.

Maybe he will only part with it for a higher price, because thats what it means to him.

Hardly my place to judge, but it's not worth that to me.
I will suspect it needs, fret work, there is binding missing, there may be loose braces, finish is in pretty rough shape etc.

I'll keep you posted, unless some-one else gets it, which, of course is entirely possible....

Like over 50?

What are back and sides made of on this one?

:nice guitar:
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

This is a rosewood guitar (EI), and although it looks like it could be a cedar top, it's just road weary, faded spruce.
Like over 50?

thanks!
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

Quote from: headsup on February 16, 2013, 09:50:02 AM

I'll keep you posted, unless some-one else gets it, which, of course is entirely possible....

Lookin forward to your in person evaluation and agree the price seems a little strong as most difficult to sell an emotional attachment  :thumb

I love it! I thought my 80' was beat up. It doesn't hold a candle to that! Warrior is right. It amazes me that as much as mine has been around...no neck problems or any other major problems. A couple glued up cracks and otherwise it just keeps giving and giving.   Looks like this one got plenty of miles on it. I wonder why the wood is lighter where the pick guard is/was. Did it not have a clear pick guard? On mine the wood is faded darkened the same in clear pick guard. Of course this thing looks like it's got some grime or something on it too.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on February 20, 2013, 09:38:04 PM
I wonder why the wood is lighter where the pick guard is/was. Did it not have a clear pick guard? On mine the wood is faded darkened the same in clear pick guard. Of course this thing looks like it's got some grime or something on it too.

Maybe they changed the pick guard material at some point, I just met a guy at a jam I attend that has a 73 L and the top looked like new beneath the clear guard. It was sans logo on the headstock too.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

He's been trying to sell this one for a couple years. I see it pop up every so often. I really don't think he's all that interested in selling, unless he gets his price. He get's pretty angry when you send him the buyers guide page for this one that puts it at $900-1100.
1982 C-78, (dancing lady) (rosewood)
1991 OM-10FM (seahorse) (Maple)
2003 SD 60
2007 RS-4
2012 D03 MT

Hoards of other Non-Larri's.

Quote from: skretz on February 21, 2013, 06:32:24 AM
He's been trying to sell this one for a couple years. I see it pop up every so often. I really don't think he's all that interested in selling, unless he gets his price. He get's pretty angry when you send him the buyers guide page for this one that puts it at $900-1100.

thanks for that info, when I mentioned his price might be a tad steep, he brushed me off pretty quickly......
Like over 50?