Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: tadol on February 10, 2009, 07:24:23 PM
Hey Danny -

Its not booked yet - but I have decided I am going to be there, and am trying to convince my wife to come along as well.

But after dragging her to a few hardware conventions, well, lets just say we have agreed to disagree on our concepts of "Fun".

I still think this one really will be fun, even for her -   :winkin:

Tad
I tried to link a flite thru your area, but the times wouldn't click. I'm in a bit of a "stall" now.

Please add my name to the list of those going on the Larrivee factory tour. I live 4 hours away by car so it's a very easy proposition. It will be great the see the guitar making process at Larrivee and meet other Forum members who are purchasing these special guitars. Michael Killick

OMG!  I just found out that school is closed March 16!  It's called the Koska Holiday in honor of Jesuit Stanislaus Koska.

So, I'm going to check out Amtrak and see if I can book a relaxing train ride to BC and back. 

BIG QUESTION:  What is the approximate start and end time of the tour on that day?  Thanks.
Play it daily for best results.

Somebody on the Forum thats going needs to take the role of coordinator....  volunteers?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I don't think there has been a time set yet.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Randy_R on February 11, 2009, 05:57:09 PM
Somebody on the Forum thats going needs to take the role of coordinator....  volunteers?
Randy That would be me. OK? I have been trying to find time to call John Jr this week to set up a plan for the day. I will attempt to get this done tomorrow and post that here.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on February 11, 2009, 06:23:38 PM
  Randy That would be me. OK? I have been trying to find time to call John Jr this week to set up a plan for the day. I will attempt to get this done tomorrow and post that here.
Jim Holler

Other good info might be nearby hotels/motels in Vancouver. If a group is going to fly into Seattle and carpool/amtrak/bus up, some one to organize that, and maybe a motel in seattle, although I think one member offered up couches to sleep on?. It appears that by going via land that a passport insn't required, where-as if you fly you must now have a passport.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I have to confess I am still not booked on a flite and I get frustrated each time I try to work it out. I had just about thrown in the towel, but I am going to keep trying.
              Also in case anyone noticed, I deleted a few of my posts to tidy this up a little.  Danny

Folks coming driving from SeaTac Airport... when you go north towards the Canadian border, you will likely end up

lining up in the "Peace Arch" border crossing.

Keep in mind, really really long lineups are caused by the cross-border shopping activity esp. among Canucks/tourists returning home
from shopping towards or at closing business hours.

TIP:  The radio station with traffic updates every 10 minutes is AM 1130 "all news radio." 
=== they give updates on wait times on all border crossings - north & south bound.

I hope you'll find this handy.   Danny, I sure hope you can book a flight already.

ricky

AMTRAK   AMTRAK  AMTRAK

Leaves Seattle at 7:40AM  -  $30
Leaves Vancouver at 5:45PM  -  $30

No border delays, except for the occasional freight train...   but you can't beat the view.

prof_stack

I'm curious where you got your info.    When I checked into the AMTRAK  run from Sacramento to Vancouver it showed a train from Sac to Seattle and then via bus to Van.    Didn't sound attractive to me.  Also, it appears that the total time from Sac to Van was 24hrs.   So I would spend two full days just going and coming home.    That killed it for me.  However, air travel to Seattle and then AMTRAK to Van,  if it is indeed by rail, would be more attractvie.
Doesn't look like I'll be able to swing this but I'm not giving up totally just yet.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 12, 2009, 09:46:24 AM
prof_stack

I'm curious where you got your info.    When I checked into the AMTRAK  run from Sacramento to Vancouver it showed a train from Sac to Seattle and then via bus to Van.    Didn't sound attractive to me.  Also, it appears that the total time from Sac to Van was 24hrs.   So I would spend two full days just going and coming home.    That killed it for me.  However, air travel to Seattle and then AMTRAK to Van,  if it is indeed by rail, would be more attractvie.
Doesn't look like I'll be able to swing this but I'm not giving up totally just yet.  Tuffythepug

AMTRAK runs the train ONCE per day from Seattle to Vancouver, leaving Seattle at 7:40.  The rest of the runs are by bus.
That same train returns leaving Vancouver at 5PM or so arriving back in Starbuck$ land at 10PM or so.

Quote from: prof_stack on February 12, 2009, 10:51:54 AM
AMTRAK runs the train ONCE per day from Seattle to Vancouver, leaving Seattle at 7:40.  The rest of the runs are by bus.
That same train returns leaving Vancouver at 5PM or so arriving back in Starbuck$ land at 10PM or so.
Thanks for this specific information. It is one more tool for us who are trying to schedule this. The times stated would conflict for most of the flites I have been able to see, but I like the Idea of a Train Ride through some nice countryside.

Quote from: dependan on February 12, 2009, 10:56:01 AM
    , but I like the Idea of a Train Ride through some nice countryside.

And the idea of a jam session in the bar-car doesn't sound half-bad.  :roll

I don't know but it sure sounds like Tuffy will be making the trip.

Maybe you need another magical trip to Vegas to help fund this whole endeavor. It worked the last time.  :bgrin:
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Hey - I just saw this thread, having tuned out for awhile after the original forum thread got really silly.

I'll be there for the tour - the factory is VERY close to my home in East Van.

Will be happy to act as a guide, etc, answer any questions about what to do - or not to do - in Vancouver.

Cheers, Mike :nana_guitar

PS to Jim - how about bringing along a bone saddle? Oh wait, my all Hog might not be ready yet...

Mike - thats a great offer.

But my wife will be coming along, and shes very good at telling me what not to do - I just need to learn to listen better-

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 12, 2009, 11:13:55 AM
And the idea of a jam session in the bar-car doesn't sound half-bad.  :roll
Did " Box Car Willy " sign up for a forum guitar? Are one of you guys him? What is your real name Box Car? Come out in the open. He might be ride'n on the City of New Orleans and jami'n with  Steve Goodman.
Jim
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on February 13, 2009, 07:08:13 AM
  Did " Box Car Willy " sign up for a forum guitar? Are one of you guys him? What is your real name Box Car? Come out in the open. He might be ride'n on the City of New Orleans and jami'n with  Steve Goodman.
Jim

Jim
Big difference between "Bar-car"  and "Box-car"   :roll

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 13, 2009, 11:35:24 AM

Jim
Big difference between "Bar-car"  and "Box-car"   :roll
But you are a "GranPa Folk/Rock Hobo train hoppin happy"kinda Giutar player.

Are you still planning on going? I am working on flites again this morning.