taylor 110e cord?

Started by guitarforlife, December 04, 2007, 07:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i know this is mainly a larrivee forum but i'm not getting much help on the other forum. a friend gave me a taylor 110e but there was no cord with it and i'm not sure what to get. i play in a band at church and have been using a soundhole pickup in another guitar. i hear all this talk about trs, xlr, balanced, unbalanced and would like to get it right the first time. i plug into the sound board now and am wondering what chord to use for this here taylor!

Does your guitar have a serial number - it should?  Contact Taylor to find out what pickup was installed at the factory and also to see about obtaining a manual for the pickup.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

My friend has a Taylor set up with the ES system and he has a cable that goes from 1/4" to XLR. We tried a regular cable with an XLR adapter and it did not get as much gain. Find the cable that goes with your guitar.

I wouldn't think that a 110 would have the ES system, would it? Does it take a battery to power active electronics? Does your guitar have a 1/4" female input in the endpin? If so, go to a music store and buy a decent ($20.00/30.00) guitar cable. (that way we avoid chord/cord  :winkin: )  20' is a good length. Don't get a curly one. This will plug into a DI or amp or directly into a board.