Marketplace => For Sale => Topic started by: Sabatini on August 26, 2005, 08:42:53 AM

Title: SOLD Alvarez MC90 Classical
Post by: Sabatini on August 26, 2005, 08:42:53 AM
How about $400.  Anyone tempted?

The following post seems to have gotten lost from the system, so I am reposting.  As a reward for reading it a second time I am lowering the price $25 to $425. :GRN>

Dear friends,

I grew up in the folk era and always thought I wanted to play a nylon string guitar.  I owned several cheap ones over the years, but never really got serious about learning to play.  Finally, last year, I decided to invest is a better guitar and ordered an Alvarez MC90 through my local guitar store.  Unfortunately, Alvarez was slow in filling the order.  In the meantime, I acquired a small-bodied Larrivee steel string guitar and fell in love with it.  By the time I finally got the Alvarez (after 8 months), I didn't really want it.

The MC90 is a beautiful guitar:  solid cedar top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides with rosewood binding.  It is in perfect condition, having been played only a little because the classical neck width now seems foreign to my fingers.

The case is an arched-top hardshell case without a mark on it.

I've been looking on the internet, and the best price I found for these was $580 (list is $899).

I will sell the guitar and case for $425 + $25 for shipping.  As I said, it is in perfect/new condition, but the factory warranty would not apply.

Is anyone interested?

Rob
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: Sabatini on August 29, 2005, 08:51:11 AM
Bump
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: gregg on August 29, 2005, 02:53:46 PM
do you have some pics?
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: Sabatini on August 29, 2005, 07:39:20 PM
Gregg,

Photos on the way to your e-mail.

Rob
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: sanjiv_1967 on September 30, 2005, 11:23:10 AM
Please email me pics as well.
Sanjiv
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: ptt on September 30, 2005, 04:35:47 PM
Please sent pics.

Thanks
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: Grayraven on September 30, 2005, 05:24:56 PM
Free bump for Sabatini:

If anyone out there is interested in a good deal on a classical guitar you should check this out. I played an MC90 in a local shop last year. The MC90 was so sweet I bought it on the spot for about 625. These instruments have marvelous overtones and good sustain. It compared favorably to a Ramirez costing 3X as much.

I have no affiliation with Sabatini; in fact I have no affiliation with any forum members since this is my first post! I've been a lurking member for more than a year and have benefitted from the many helpful comments. I'm just trying to pay it back.

Grayraven
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: papatar on September 30, 2005, 09:42:03 PM
Can I get some pics.  Thanks
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: Sabatini on October 11, 2005, 12:13:15 PM
Still for sale.
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: LookingForLarri on October 11, 2005, 02:20:23 PM
Can I get some pics please ?
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: Sabatini on October 11, 2005, 02:22:38 PM
Thanks for your interest.  Pics on the way.

Rob
Title: Re: Even lower price!! Alvarez MC90 Classical for sale--LOWER PRICE
Post by: LookingForLarri on October 11, 2005, 06:53:30 PM
Email sent
Title: SOLD Alvarez MC90 Classical
Post by: Sabatini on October 14, 2005, 03:52:29 PM
Sold! to "Looking for Larri" who apparently still can't find Larri, or confuses him with Al (varez).  Thanks, Ken, hope you enjoy it.

Rob
Title: Re: SOLD Alvarez MC90 Classical
Post by: LookingForLarri on October 20, 2005, 10:30:19 PM
Just got the Alvarez today and just wanted to thank Rob for a great guitar.    :GRN> I played a clasical Taylor today and must say this guitar is pretty close to that one at about 1/10 the price.


Thanks,
Rob