I do realize this is a Larrivee forum but when something special comes along you have to share. This one is fresh from the Martin Custom Shop - OM body in sinker mahogany with an Engelmann top. To my ear sinker sounds like any other mahogany but sure looks pretty. Binding is EIR. Other than cosmetics the most important change from stock is the 2-1/4" string spacing at the saddle - with a modified low oval neck.
Should arrive tomorrow - hopefully plays as good as it looks.
John
Congrats!
I have loved every Engelmann-topped guitar I've owned. Fantastic top wood.
Let us know how you like it :thumb
Thx - a lot of thought and nail biting went into the specs on this one. At this point, Engelmann and Cedar are pretty much the only tops I consider - blame old age!
John
Let us know how it works out!