Main Forums => Other Guitar Makers => Topic started by: soberdave09 on February 28, 2010, 08:43:52 AM

Title: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: soberdave09 on February 28, 2010, 08:43:52 AM
just got this baby yesterday.put on new strings & this baby sings.for being from 1984,this guitar is a dream.
here's some pictures.


(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi002.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi005.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi006.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi008.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi010.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi011.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi013.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi016.jpg)
(http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/soberdave09/guitars/alvarezyairi017.jpg)
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: Mr_LV19E on February 28, 2010, 10:18:16 AM
 :nice guitar: 
I had a 1976 DY-68 that I bought new, it was outstanding.

I believe the 90's and above are all solid woods, congratulations.

:donut2  :coffee  :donut2
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: cc407 on February 28, 2010, 02:53:10 PM
Never let it go. Those are outstanding. There's one that haunts my dreams - should have bought it!
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: mgbgt on February 28, 2010, 06:19:03 PM
 :+1: I have had a dy77, 92 lute back, and still have my dy38. Hard to go wrong with a used yairi
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: DJ in FL on February 28, 2010, 07:30:28 PM
 :nice guitar:

Congrats on your new baby.  Beautiful for sure and bet she has really opened up if it has been treated right.
I am still looking for a Yairi but hard to find good ones.

:thumb
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: C-10-4-me on February 28, 2010, 07:36:35 PM
Very,very nice guitar you have there. At first glance I thought it was a twelve string due to the shadow on the headstock. Yairi DY90 is one I also would like to find.

Ron
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: ToyMachineAR on March 01, 2010, 11:10:01 PM
Looks like an amazing guitar. A buddy of mine loves his... good find.

JH
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: mas music on March 02, 2010, 08:57:27 PM
Wow, you have purchased more guitars in the last month then I have in the last 3 years ! Beautifully guitar.
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: unforgiven on March 02, 2010, 10:23:47 PM
That is beautiful!  I love my Yairi CY-95 Classical. 
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: gotahifit on March 03, 2010, 02:40:16 PM
Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 28, 2010, 10:18:16 AM
:nice guitar: 
I had a 1976 DY-68 that I bought new, it was outstanding.

I believe the 90's and above are all solid woods, congratulations.

:donut2  :coffee  :donut2

Of the vintage AY's only DY92 and UP are all solid.   Still a  :nice guitar:
g

Got AY or Yairi questions?  found a good place to get answers!

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Alvarez_AlvarezYairi_plus/
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: sneaky on March 03, 2010, 09:04:29 PM
http://www.oldguitar.jp/catalog/kyairi/Kyairi_80s_02.jpg


http://www.oldguitar.jp/catalog/kyairi/Kyairi_1987_07_3.jpg
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: sneaky on March 03, 2010, 09:10:33 PM
I have a few S Yairi classicals going back to 1961, love em all, the high ends are as good as anything I see around town for much more than I pied used. Some in Japan seem to think for nylon strings...it`s S Yairi...for steel strings it`s...K Yairi. The local Rock Inn has lots of new high end Alvarez/Yairis, very expensive but beautys all of em.
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: gotahifit on March 04, 2010, 01:13:13 PM
Quote from: unforgiven on March 02, 2010, 10:23:47 PM
That is beautiful!  I love my Yairi CY-95 Classical. 

Just wondering.. did you get the 2 or 3 piece back?

g
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: unforgiven on March 04, 2010, 05:20:58 PM
I'm guessing three from the picture.

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi-back.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi2.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi11.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/yairi13.jpg)
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: gotahifit on March 04, 2010, 06:24:34 PM
Quote from: unforgiven on March 04, 2010, 05:20:58 PM
I'm guessing three from the picture.

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi-back.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi2.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/Yairi11.jpg)

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/yairi13.jpg)

Thanks for posting the photo!  However, this one is different than my 3 pc back CYM95~ I'll try to post a photo.

g

(http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/gotahifit/Guitar/20043pc_CYM95.jpg)
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: unforgiven on March 04, 2010, 08:36:08 PM
I did notice they now call it a CYM95 where mine is a CY-95.  Mine is a 2003. 

(http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/tangman99/guitar/yairi14.jpg)

My apologies to the O.P.  Didn't meant to post inside of your thread.  That guitar is gorgeous.
Title: Re: just got this Alvarez Yairi DY90
Post by: kevos on March 28, 2010, 12:14:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I am jelous.  Where did you find this beauty, did you buy it new? I am looking for another guitar and will be looking at Yairi's and Larrivee's in particular.  Enjoy your new box.