Main Forums => Larrivée Guitars => Topic started by: gary0319 on January 24, 2008, 04:31:12 PM

Title: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: gary0319 on January 24, 2008, 04:31:12 PM
Hi All,

Anybody have an ID for this "small body Larrivee" that's up on e-bay. Looks like an early "no binding" model to me, but too soft shouldered to be an OM. Not much of a description given. I tried saving the pic and zooming on the label but it mushed out before I could read it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Larrivee-small-body-acoustic-guitar_W0QQitemZ110217491423QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


The gig bag would make me think maybe a Parlor??

Just curious.....

Gary
Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: gary0319 on January 24, 2008, 04:38:22 PM
Yup that's the one.

Forgot to add the link, duh??  :arrow

I'll add the link back into the first post.

Thanks for the help

Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: Ponte on January 24, 2008, 04:58:05 PM
It is a P-01 parlor  :nice guitar:
Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: bluewyatt on January 24, 2008, 05:08:04 PM
yes. P-01 matte finish mahogany /spruce.  circa 2000
Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: gary0319 on January 24, 2008, 06:54:58 PM
P-01 makes sense to me.

I almost bought an OM-01 recently and this looks to be from the very same family. Not sure about the Parlor, but the OM-01 had a really great sound. Plain Jane with a certain elegance to it's simplicity.

Gary
Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: Blue in VT on January 25, 2008, 09:41:28 AM
 :+1:

P-01 it is....I used to have one just like it....sweet little box!

Blue
Title: Re: Unknown Larrivee on e-bay
Post by: Krefett on January 25, 2008, 06:07:16 PM
As I can see it has a flamed maple back and sides.. Try to get it, nice piece...