This is the guy that listed it 1/2 a dozen times already and backed out of a deal when it sold for less than he wanted because it had a "electronic' problem that needed to be fixed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LARRIVEE-D-09E-VERY-LOW-STARTING-BID-AMAZING-SOUND_W0QQitemZ290201019979QQihZ019QQcategoryZ47064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I wish someone would buy it.
:donut :donut2 :coffee
This makes the 4th time it's been listed. The last time he used the "make an offer" option so I offered him $300.
His "counter offer" was $1299.
Dan
QuoteThis is the guy that listed it 1/2 a dozen times already
I saw this listing earlier today and my only reaction was "how can anyone describe a guitar as MINT with those butt ugly additions"...... :yak:
....he even goes on to say that bacofoil pickguard and turd shaped arm rest could be easily removed...... well here's hint Mr "pimp my guitar" ... TAKE 'EM OFF YOURSELF !!!! ...then you just might possibly sell the thing.... :rolleye:
Pete
I tried to send him a friendly hint to get rid of that awful pickguard and armrest, but he had no reply (imagine that). I don't mind armrests (if that is your cup of tea...I would never put one on mine), but it is not even placed on the edge...I hear his excuse for this is so it would not cover up the beautful binding...some people. That could be a killer guitar if not for the tacky accesories.
Hi chaps
Don´t be too cruel to the man. :crying:
I agree it doesn´t look nice to my taste, but he is so proud of his abalone pickguard....just read what he says about the compliments he has had. :roll
If that makes him happy :bgrin:
...but from the selling point of view I agree with you all. Remove the b....y armrest and change the pickguard. NOW :mad:
I've watched this one myself several times and I cannot get past the butt ugly pickguard---and I LOVE BLING!!!
That guitar would have sold a LONG time ago but I guess the seller just doesn't get it. If I had 75 watchers and it still didn't sell I think even my limited brain would be screaming that something just ain't right here.
Ron
I think that the "75 Watchers" are those of us who have turned his auction into a, "spectator sport"!!!
All I know is the guy is scum. In his last auction that he relisted, he put in his description somthing to the effect of "well I sold the guitar in the last auction, but the sale feel through when I realized there was a problem with the electronics that needed to be fixed. I was away for a few days and got it fixed (loose wire) and now it's relisted." The reality was that he had it on a no reserve auction, when it sold he didn't like the winning bid. SCUM BAG
Heh, It's his guitar, don't like it don't buy it.... OK now that I've made you feel all warm and fuzzy about me, I would like to know the difference in a D-09 & A LV-O9 I MEAN IS THE WOOD A BETTER GRADE... OR IS IT JUST THE BOUT SIZE & CUTAWAY ETC. :?
I'M GONNA REPLACE MY LV-OR3 LATER TODAY WITH ONE OR THE OTHER (G.A.S.) so if you could help out a newbie with a little of your sage advice and advanced wisdom :whistling: I really would appreciate it.
:coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee here's some Java, after all it's early.
Danny Newbie
I am not a sage here, but the 09's indicate that they are a Rosewood series....which is a different animal from the Sapele 03's. The wood is of a higher grade than the 03's (which is indicated in the price jump) and they also have more "bling" such as an abalone rosette and mother of pearl logo on the headstock...oh yeah, and a UV cured polyester gloss finish. They will sound better (due the the higher grade wood). However, if you really dig the Sapele, you might be interested in the 05 series Mahogony (Sp?) D or LV. Sapele is much closer to Hog than Rosewood.
As far as differences in the D09 and LV09...if they are both Rosewood...it will be a completely different sound due to variations in body and depth.
Hope this helps!
Oops, sorry, I failed to read your reply fully....I see now that you are a man for Rosewood...in that case the 09's will be right up your alley!
Thanks it does help a lot, By the way I don't care at all for the "SHINEY PICK GAURD" either, I prefer understatement in looks and VAVOOM in quality.
Danny Newbie
I don't care for the look of the armrest too much, but I will say that I have noticed that when playing dreds its awfully easy to let your strumming arm rest against the top, which just kills the sound. The armrest would help prevent that. Even so, I've never used one on my guitars. Also its not as much of a problem with thinner bodies. As for the pickguard . . . words fail me.
Hey, we all have our own tastes. That does not happen to match mine but that does not make it wrong. I can only assume that there must be a new cable series called "Pimp My Axe" :guitar