Hi all! I have a Larrivee OM-03 Blackwood that I've purchased on eBay about a year ago (I think it used to belong to forum member inspector13?). I have babied her ever since and love its unique sonic quality and great playability. I am a player first - always looking for that perfect sound - and think, all in all, rosewood comes a little closer to what I have in mind. I also love - but am not limited to - smaller bodied guitars, rosewood parlors, OOO-50s or OOO-60s and the likes. When it comes to mahogany, I'd consider a nice Guild M-20 or Martin OOO-15s, but like I said, I think the overtones and harmonics of rosewood are more suited to my style of playing. I don't mind small imperfections or a little bit of wear and tear - especially on higher end models - as long as they don't affect the sound and structure of the instrument. My OM-03 Blackwood is in exactly the same condition I've received it, hence the original description is still spot on:
2003 Larrivee OM-03 Blackwood acoustic guitar. The production of this guitar was "very limited" in the Australian Blackwood. This guitar is in nice condition and sounds awesome. All Solid wood Construction, Single Piece Mahogany Neck, Canadian Sitka Spruce Sound Board & Bracing, African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge, Flamed Canadian Maple Body Binding, Australian Blackwood Back & Sides, Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing, Hand fit Dovetail Neck Joint, Rounded Larrivee Headstock, White Inlaid Larrivee Logo, Multi-Strip Inlaid Rosette, Ping Tuners w/ 18:1 Ratio, Ivoroid Fretboard Binding, Beveled Tortis pickguard and Microdot Fretboard Markers. A couple minor dings, none of which are through the finish as far as I can tell. The satin finish of the body and headstock has been polished to a semi-gloss. The spruce top has darkened to a rich warm color. The saddle has been replaced with a Fossilized Walrus Ivory and the nut with West African Hard Ivory both of which came from Bob Colosi and installed by a local tech (the original saddle and nut will be shipped with the guitar when sold). Original Larrivee case in nice condition, and truss rod wrench included. SPECIFICATIONS: Lower Bout: 15.25" Upper Bout: 11.75" Waist: 9.5" Depth: 4.25" Scale Length: 25.5 Nut Width: 1 & 3/4 Fretboard Radius: 15" to 21" Compound Frets - Nickel Silver Frets - Width 2.5mm (0.0985") Frets - Height 1.0mm (0.0394")
I will consider any reasonable and interesting offer and am not in a hurry to part with my guitar.
If it was not for the recent purchase of my OMV-70, I would buy this guitar back. I'm sorry to say the guitar fund is low at this time. This is one guitar I wish I had not sold. :crying:
Secret Friend,
I sent you an email.
drh64