I am looking to get a MIJ strat reissue.
What should I expect to pay for one of these babies (57' reissue) used in pretty decent condition. I'd like to get one, and I think as long as the price is not too far off, I will just go for it. I am more interested in getting a guitar that I love than paying the bare minimum. I think the owner said he put '62 pickups on it. I am not sure if that will kill the residue value though. Anyhow, experts please chime in.
From my point of veiw changed pickups cut the value some.As an owner of mant MIJ Tele's and strat's the stock pickups sound great.By the way I've got a shell pink available.PM me.
Thanks unclrob, there is one available locally, thus me asking about it.
I did some more research, and it seems like the seller's price is a bit overboard (maybe I'll email him again). Lookswise, I really wanted the original burst. Ouch. Too bad.
I`m no expert but ...price depends on model...they made some very high end guitars, and the new DiMarzio equipped series is very nice. Is the one you`re looking at CIJ or MIJ...I assume it`s a Fender? I own several older FJs many from the 80s and some custom edition custom orders from the 90s with one ExTrad strat. Some of those are among my favorite guitars particularly the ExTrad. Some of the others are top notch too like the 40th anniversary strat, mine is not the hamburglar version but the other one.
just picked up another tele and it has this...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/whiteteleII029.jpg
here it is...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/whiteteleII022.jpg
it goes with the other one I got from the Zinger series...this one
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/whitetele006.jpg
candy red JV strat...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/blossoms2006227.jpg
twin strats...one 1983 the other 1985
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/DSCN0612.jpg
heres one I put together from a body I bought on the Japanese web and the neck is from a used custom order strat/tele I got that has ceramic p`ups that I didn`t like the sound of so I put the neck on this body...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/fjtelestrat001.jpg
all of those guitars were purchased for around $250.oo to $400.oo each here in Japan. So if the seller wants more than thst just wait and get a used one from the U-Box at the Ishibashi site.
I don't think a pickup switch hurts the value of a MIM Strat. Might even help if they are better pickups. I buy them used all over town around here for $150-$175. You can part them out on the 'bay for more.
It's a MIJ/CIJ mid 90's reissue (not mexico), and the seller said 550 (he's later ad actuallyl listed it as 600). I had 400-450 in mind (as a price that was definitely fair). Note all prices are in canadian, but our dollars aren't too far apart now days. It's a really nice guitar, and I can see why the seller thinks it's worth so much, but I am not gonna dive head in first if it's above the market price by too far.
Sneaky, I'd like to know more about this U-box??
http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/
lots of on line folks have bought from ishibashi, from all over the world, and I can`t remember ever reading a negative comment about them... in fact, they bend over backwards to make things right. I`ve bought from them...got my mid 80s Tokai strat for about $200.oo from them because it was dinged up, but hey...guys pay thousands for relics nowadays. Ya gotta be fast with the U-Box...even an hour delay may be too late...if you see something, contact them immediately, they automatically put it on hold for a couple of days while communicating. Don`t forget the time difference...I`m about 13 hours ahead of my family in Montreal. You can use English with them but keep it simple, they`re not like most shops here...ishibashi staff won`t run from foreigners...I actually think they enjoy the chance to use English.
Keep an eye open for older Grecos too...made by the same folks who were contracted to make FJs prior to 1982. I own 3 mid to late 70s Greco strats and they are excellent...I don`t buy lower thn the 600 series but thats just me...my 800 series Greco strat is outstanding.
Wouldn't the shipping be a killer since it's all the way in japan?
you`d have to contact them and ask what that would be at today`s exchange rate. Generally in the $100.oo area, so you have to figure out if it`s worth it to you.
Thanks sneaks, acutally 100 for shipping doesn't sound bad at all, heck it cost me 75 to get it from the states.