Marketplace => For Trade, Wanted => Topic started by: samuelch on November 27, 2006, 11:13:14 PM

Title: WTT Gibson J-45 NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
Post by: samuelch on November 27, 2006, 11:13:14 PM
Hello,

I have a very sweet 1989 Gibson J-45 that I am contemplating on trading for another acoustic electric (must have electronics).
I just recently had a Fishman Natural Matrix I pickup profesionally installed as well as a strap pin.
There is one finish crack on the back - I had it confirmed by my repair guy that it is purely cosmetic and doesn't go through the wood.
Only through the finish - I'm sure you can get it touched up to make it look nicer.
There are 2 finish checks on the top - once again, just in the finish.
Other than that, the guitar is in very good condition.
To me, these J-45s look and sound much better than the newer ones.
Comes with a cool Gibson hardcase.
I am actually just testing the waters to see what else is out there.
If anyone has any interest, you can email me at samuelch@gmail.com
I don't have anything specific in mind in terms of trading, but shoot me an email of what you got with pics and we can go from there.

You can see pics here:

http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/3173/Gibson_J45_86'.htm

Please note that this is the actual guitar and that this is a 1989 model - there was a typo in the listing.
As you can see, it sold for $1300 - plus I spent close to $250 to get a pickup installed, setting up the action, strap pin, and the finish cracks.
This guitar looks and sounds beautiful - my repair guy told me that I picked a good one - I would have to agree.

THIS GUITAR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE! I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING!
Title: Re: WTT Gibson J-45
Post by: samuelch on November 28, 2006, 02:49:37 PM
Any offers? I'm willing to sell as well.
Title: Re: WTT Gibson J-45
Post by: BongoSTL on December 19, 2006, 05:05:51 PM
'd be VERY interested in taking this in a trade, if you would...

I have a few electrics (a Cort MGM-2 Matt Guitar Murphy signature edition and PERHAPS a Reverend Rocco (handmade, hand numbered) or an old Rick 620/12 (30 years old, or so).

i also have an ultrasound AG-30 and a TON of electric guitar pedals.

if interested, email me at bongostl at

hotmail
Title: Re: WTT Gibson J-45
Post by: Acousticly Yours on January 01, 2007, 06:10:22 PM
not sure I'm interested but we can talk about a trade on a 2001 L-10E made in Canada (I bought it new). Has a pick up and pre amp but no on board controls. It has one dent on the top were I was walking around in the house with the strap on it and bumped into a dresser. I learned my lesson. it didn't break thru the finish just a small dent (I see it ever time I pick it up you probably won't notice it as easily. I had my set guy replace the original saddle with a bone saddle. action is very smooth play very easy. Let me know if this of interest to you.

Acousticly Yours
Title: Re: WTT Gibson J-45
Post by: guitardude67 on February 13, 2007, 08:35:25 PM
How about a brand new Ibanez JS1200 Joe Satriani model??
Title: Re: WTT Gibson J-45
Post by: mertz on February 14, 2007, 05:33:39 PM
Any interest in a Tacoma Roadking w/ fishman acoustic matrix?