Looking to buy something used....

Started by bluepowder, December 27, 2006, 11:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Everyone!,

I currently own two Larrivee guitars in beautiful condition and I'm looking for another that I can use while I'm out camping - preferably one that is already scratched, maybe already dinged, but is still plays half way decent.  There's probably someone out there who has something
like this laying around and they don't know what to do with it.....  Ok, so I guess I'm looking for a 6 string cutaway with a straight neck, if it has a case great, if not oh well, I can always replace the nut and saddle no problem so that's not a worry, and I don't need any pickups so you can keep them if you want to, as far as the types of wood goes let's just say that I'm not too picky - just a guitar I can take to the woods, the desert, the beach, Burning Man, the park, etc., etc.

Ok, if anyone want's to clear out some closet space please get back to me!

Thanks,

Kurt
javascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);

I know it's not a Larrivee, but, have you considered a Washburn?  There's a guy on eBay that sells them at very good prices.  I think he even has "b" stock sometimes.  Also, Musician's Friend has a Washburn for $99.  I have one - never have to worry about it.  And, it doesn't sound too bad after putting on some decent strings.

I have had several Martin Minis and love them. I sold a few off but still have 2. One is the black LXMB, HPL all around with a stratabond neck. The other is an LX1 which has a solid spruce top and a little more natural sound. These things sound awesome for the size. The are not the cheapest guitars out there but they are very portable, ( I have carried one strapped to my backpack on a 3 day hike more than once ) and they are tough. They also come with a very nicely padded, high quality gig bag.
Bad G.A.S.

Kurt,
Not knowing how much you want to spend, I have a Canadian C-10 w/fancy inlays but a plain headstock.  This is a players guitar.  It's has plenty of pick marks above & below the sound hole.  A few dings here & there and a couple of nonstructural splits in the top.  Let me know if your interested.

Russty

Why not go ahead and post a little more info? "Others" (ahem, cough) might be interested IF Kurt passes :winkin:

Johnson L-style solid spruce top -  the ultimate beater/travel guitar?  these are brand new - just expect Chinese made quality; think Blueridge/Carolina type quality;   1.75 nut, short scale,   I have two of these available  [ONLY ONE REMAINING] with red sunburst (look like an old Gibson L-00; slightly smaller than a 00 size),  they are surprisingly nice and make an exceptional knockaround player with a cool vintage vibe about 'em.  The story on these is if you change the bridge pins, the strings, and sometimes the saddle they become VERY nice little parlor size guitars.  Read the reviews around the net - these babies are great for leaving out around the house.  Want to experiment with soundhole size (I think they need enlarging)?  want to experiment with brace shaving?  want a cool camping/travel guitar?  These are perfect!   NO case included    $125 and you change the strings; $130 and I include some John Pearse PB lights

Leave PM or email me at fdw@charter.net   I am glad to answer any questions.
Larrivee D-03 Custom 1.75" nut, Bearclaw top, Upgrade level mahogany b/s  (Trinity Guitars Custom)
Larrivee 000-50
Guild F-30 Aragon Sunburst (Tacoma built, Adirondack top)
Gibson L-130