Hiscox case for L body?

Started by doverdowns, February 08, 2013, 10:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all!

I have seen this question come up a few times but haven't managed to find a definitive answer: Has any had experience carrying an L-body Larrivee in a Hiscox case? I am in the US so I it seems I am limited to the standard sizes offered by Hiscox. I am looking at the Artist series, an assuming the Dread size is the closest fit.

I have an SKB-18RW flight dread-sized case that my Larrivee fits in fine. But I it seems the Hiscox will be a step up in terms of air travel protection and weight. The L-01 I travel with wouldn't be that expensive to replace, but I love its sound and my luthier has really dialed it in for me.

On a related note: in light of the recent FAA bill anyone have experience with Hiscox as a carry-on? They seem to be fairly deep so I am wondering if they fit in overhead bins.
http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/congress_passes_bill_standardizing_airline_rules_for_musical_instrument_sto

Thanks!!
:smile: :smile:

If it will fit a Gibson J-45 a Larrivee L should fit just fine. At least that's the case with Calton
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)