Rs-4 #3

Started by wadehaskell, January 12, 2021, 11:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS-4 #3. Plays and sounds even better than it looks.  :donut :coffee

Twins (mine is a 2008) :bgrin:

Mine is an early one, still has Lollars Imperial pickups which I am very happy with.
I have upgraded my tuners to locking Shallers, wouldn't go back to stock.

I have RS-4 Ser #104104 - gold top (also, 2008 purchase) ... yes , sounds even better than it looks.  The neck is perfect "fit" with my hands. 

Have you had problem with "scratchy pots"?  After cleaning - short lived fix.

Seems like a corrosion problem? Using a good cleaner (DeoxIT D5)

Also, what do you recommend for maintaining "setup" ... my 12th fret action has degraded to:  E-1 (0.062"), E-6 (0.042").

Eric O.

Wow yours looks exactly like mine. Mine is also a very early model. I see your serial number is handwritten. Mine isn't but I noticed yours does not say made in USA and neither does mine.   I wonder why that is or when it changed because looking at serial numbers I have noticed that some RS4s made on the same day as mine (Jan 30, 2008) do say made in USA on them. Yours is the only other RS4 that I have seen that doesn't say it.  I think it's pretty cool that yours has a handwritten serial number in it. It must have been one of the first ever made which is awesome.

Oops.  I totally missed the tradition!

:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2

Quote from: JaxsonW on May 08, 2021, 08:11:31 PM
Wow yours looks exactly like mine. Mine is also a very early model. I see your serial number is handwritten. Mine isn't but I noticed yours does not say made in USA and neither does mine.   I wonder why that is or when it changed because looking at serial numbers I have noticed that some RS4s made on the same day as mine (Jan 30, 2008) do say made in USA on them. Yours is the only other RS4 that I have seen that doesn't say it.  I think it's pretty cool that yours has a handwritten serial number in it. It must have been one of the first ever made which is awesome.
When I talked to Larrivee, they said that they probably hadn't figured out how to apply the serial numbers yet and that this was #3; which I assume means #4 if you include the prototype.

I found mine under a road sign. What are the odds?   :wink:

well since we're all showing off our cherished beauties, here's mine...
again...
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Wish I kept mine 😂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to have kept mine  :smile:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 10, 2022, 04:41:36 PM
Happy to have kept mine  :smile:
Mine was just like that one, with the P-90's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk