Forum III impressions and discussion

Started by Randy_R, March 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: lyric_girl on April 02, 2009, 08:31:12 PM
Mike, I am SO happy for you. She truly is beautiful. Watch out Tuffy, I think she's a bit more of a looker than yours. Who knows, maybe she'll be guitar of the month next month unless Bella gets that title :roll

Oh, she doesn't need to enter any contests. She knows how beautiful she is. :whistling:

Quote from: lyric_girl on April 02, 2009, 08:31:12 PM
Mike, I am SO happy for you. She truly is beautiful. Watch out Tuffy, I think she's a bit more of a looker than yours. Who knows, maybe she'll be guitar of the month next month unless Bella gets that title :roll

I think you may be right.  Thats a great looking set of mahogany.   Of course, they all look great to me but Mike's seems a little bit extra special.

I actually didn't know that it needed to be settled...

and there was a real small piece of devire under the pick guard.. so I ended up taking it off..

hopefully if I really feel that I need a guard.. I'll put the tortoise pick guard on. 
but until that day comes, no pick guard for me :)

maybe Terra will end up like trigger

also tuffy's 000-50mt looks awesome with the torts pickguard.. so I am not too worried :)

Jeffrey

Congratulations Mike!

It will be in good company and will see many songs sung.
:thumbsup

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Well...partly over.  I have the guitar, right here with me but I can't just sit here in my office and play??  It was sitting here, waiting for when I got back from my meeting just before lunch.  I had to open it to make sure everything was ok obviously....  :humour:

I've played it for about 3-4 min so far....quickly....the bass is much stronger for a guitar that size, especially when compared to my OO.  The IS is really pretty...mine has some pretty wide grain too.  The woods are beautiful.  The case smells like vanilla, glue from the case.  There are 2 pickguards in the case...neither will ever be used....and three picks...again, will never be used. 

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!

Pics and complete review....in a few days maybe???

Denis, in a few days!!! Are you crazy? We wants pic tonight!!!! :tongue:  :gotpics:  :gotpics:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Ah, with the forum II now in transit, I was concerned my OM-03 would feel left out, so it got a strip down, cleaned carefully and some noce shiny new strings.  does anyone else always get a bit of a shock when the realise how dull the old strings were when you put new ones on?  Maybe not if you have multiple guitars.  I feel like I got a new guitar today, it sounds SWEEEET!

Back to the point, Denis, pictures are manditory, sort it out!!  Actually, no don't take pics, get the video camera out, and play Samuel and put it on youtube so we can see it and hear it!!!!  That way you still get to play it so everyone is a winner!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

It's as light as a feather!!! 

I am so glad I jumped on this band wagon. 

I was sure that a 12 fret LS would be a great guitar but, but...Italian spruce and mahogany???    ...ITALIAN SPRUCE!!!  Sorry guys, pics tomorrow and video?  Ben, I promise to make a video or two very soon but right now, I need to spend some quality time with my new friend....bye!!!

Everybody seems to react the same way when their guitar shows up and they get to see it for the first time.  No matter how high your expectations are...the guitar will be nicer than you are expecting.  Denis proves the point!!

Congrats.  Enjoy the guitar and get some pictures posted slowpoke!

Jordan

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Denis on April 03, 2009, 08:43:43 PM
It's as light as a feather!!! 

I am so glad I jumped on this band wagon. 

I was sure that a 12 fret LS would be a great guitar but, but...Italian spruce and mahogany???    ...ITALIAN SPRUCE!!!  Sorry guys, pics tomorrow and video?  Ben, I promise to make a video or two very soon but right now, I need to spend some quality time with my new friend....bye!!!

I'm very happy to say this: "I told you so". I knew this git would fit you Denis.

danny

:thumb
Hi everyone!  Well I just got a call from Jim H to let me know my guitar is now in his possesion. Yippie!!!!!!
I've so enjoyed all of your reactions and comments. No doubt this is going to be a great one.  Can't wait to smell it and stare in wonderment at all of that creamy IS and mahogany. From all of the pics it seems there was no cutting corners on the quality of the wood used. I'm thinking about the first song I'm going to play and what to name her.   :bgrin:
PO5 MT Larrivee Parlor (sold darn it)
Hog Weissenborn Lap Slide
Republic Reso-Relic Tricone
Stew-Mac A-Style Mandolin (Kit)

Has anyone installed a clear pickguard? If so, how about posting some pics. Or tell me if I missed pics in the photo area.

Thanks, Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on April 03, 2009, 09:20:15 PM
Has anyone installed a clear pickguard? If so, how about posting some pics. Or tell me if I missed pics in the photo area.

Thanks, Norman
Mine has the clear PG

danny

Quote from: dependan on April 03, 2009, 10:19:04 PM
Mine has the clear PG
danny

Thank you. Decision made. It will be too difficult to resist strumming. Clear to me now.  :whistling:

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

I love FedEx! Sometimes they surprise you with early delivery. My Forum III was shipped from N.Y. on Wed Apr 1 and the original estimated delivery date was Tuesday, Apr 7. Well it has already arrived in Portland, OR as of 11:30PM on the Apr 3, and has a new estimated delivery of Mon Apr 6!!!  It's sitting in a warehouse just 2 1/2 hrs away from me as we speak :nanadance Now with UPS, it would have been 7 full days, so I wouldn't have got it until the 8th. The OMV-03R I recently bought was shipped from the Nashville area via UPS, and from the time it left , it took 4 1/2 days to reach Portland, OR (where it sat over the weekend). With FedEx it only took 2 days and 8 hrs from when Jim dropped it off at the FedEx facility in Jamestown. That's awesome! If tomorrow wasn't a weekend I would have had it in just 3 days. And as far as shipping costs for guitars, FedEx is also about $15-$20 cheaper. Unbelievable.
Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486

Forum III arrived just 15 minutes ago 9:00 AM EDT via FedEx.  Wow,wow.  It is sitting acclimating right now on my living room floor.  Beautiful IS top, played a few notes on it, its everything I had expected.  My hats off to the guys (and gals) who got this whole thing done.

Quote from: dragon1952 on April 04, 2009, 05:01:45 AM
I love FedEx! Sometimes they surprise you with early delivery. My Forum III was shipped from N.Y. on Wed Apr 1 and the original estimated delivery date was Tuesday, Apr 7. Well it has already arrived in Portland, OR as of 11:30PM on the Apr 3, and has a new estimated delivery of Mon Apr 6!!!  It's sitting in a warehouse just 2 1/2 hrs away from me as we speak :nanadance Now with UPS, it would have been 7 full days, so I wouldn't have got it until the 8th. The OMV-03R I recently bought was shipped from the Nashville area via UPS, and from the time it left , it took 4 1/2 days to reach Portland, OR (where it sat over the weekend). With FedEx it only took 2 days and 8 hrs from when Jim dropped it off at the FedEx facility in Jamestown. That's awesome! If tomorrow wasn't a weekend I would have had it in just 3 days. And as far as shipping costs for guitars, FedEx is also about $15-$20 cheaper. Unbelievable.

Mine left NY same day as yours, headed for Portland. I Just checked the Fedex Status, and it's "on Fedex vehicle for delivery" :nana_guitar

Can't wait to see and hear it :nanadance

~ Ray ~
Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Martin 0-16NY
Martin 0-18K
Martin 0-17

OK Forum guitar III 24/78 rosewood with bone nut and saddle limited review. Well, only little playing time last night after it arrived yesterday so sound critique will come later. 1st impression though is it sounds deep, sophisticated and delicate. My wife commented it "sounds new". I think she means young unbranded newbee wood (we've been married 30+yrs) sounding. Fit and finish is exceptional for this price range and the satin finish and overall "low bling" presentation is awesome. I will say if recording is your thing than this finish may be noisy to you if it rubs against shirt or canvas cotton material and translates through an interanal mic/element or what have you. Don't really know and doesn't really relate to my situation so enough said. The bone nut and saddle and overall set up is perfect. Jim Holler's expertise can be appreciated even by a nonprofessional such as myself. He set mine up with a flatpicker in mind and it is right on! I am concentrating on mandolin these days so flatpicking is more desirable to me for skill building in general and I am sure you blues fingerstyle players may appreciate this guitar more for that purpose. No fret markers except at the 12th fret is cool, mahogany neck comfortable, ebony fretboard nicely done including the fret wires being smooth at the edges and comfortable when sliding across quickly.

Overall great quality guitar for the price  thanks to Mr. Larrivee and Mr. Holler effort to do something special for their loyal followers. Thanks to both of them and the forum for this opportunity. It is my first guitar that was made specifically for me, yippee!

Sound critique by my half deaf nonprofessionally trained ears will follow eventually. I am going to start working on that after ending this message.

Hope others are happy. Yes I still love my other Larrivee guitars and the forum lll's voice is distinctly different and very much welcomed at first listen.

Lon
PS  Hat was nice touch and were the pearloid picks ! Again, many thanks to all involved

Lon- thanks for the critique.  Be sure to send us pictures when you get a chance