L-03 vs OM40

Started by JTF, July 06, 2021, 03:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JTF on July 06, 2021, 03:11:29 AM
Good morning everyone

I am considering buying either an L-03 or OM40 - both with Sitka Spruce Top and Mahogany back & sides.

Please share your thoughts/opinions on these two models and differences etc - I know the bracing patterns are different.

Thanks a lot!

I have a 2005 L09. I like it better than my friends cedar topped OM. That might be the Cedar, either way I like mone better.

To the original poster, I hope you are still with us.

My first Larrivee was a flamed maple parlor and it led me to the L body which I think is Larrivee's finest, most versatile design. I ordered a Custom LV03 12 string with a Mahogany top. It works well for fingerstyle and strumming and my son sometimes uses it for slide. It really works well with Reverend Gary Davis and Leo Kottke tunes. I chose this guitar over Martin, Taylor, Guild and Yamaha 12 string models. 15 years later, I opted to order a Forum VI 6 string  Model LSV.

I think the OM is a great choice too and even though I don't own one, I have played quite a few. My Larrivees have generated several additional sales from my friends and acquaintances.

The wood selection and workmanship that go into Larrivee Guitars will stack up against anyone's.