Larrivee cj-09 1991

Started by REHII, April 22, 2024, 03:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a Larrivee guitar I got a few years ago. When you put the serial number in the larrivee date site it's a 1991 cj-09.
All the guitar has on its headblock is 09 and under that the serial number. The label is damaged and covered by the glue from the ibeam pickup controls.
It  has rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. The ebony fretboard has no markers and the body has what looks like rosewood binding. The fretboard has white plastic binding. Nice pointy Florentine cutaway.
The waist is 10 3/4". Top bout is 12 1/2". The  body  depth is tapered from 4 3/4" at the bottom to 3 11/16" at the top by the neck.
Body length is 20 3/4". Overall the guitar is 41" with a scale length of about 25 5/8" these are the old "jumbo" specs that they don't make any more.
I hope someone here can help me with the rarity of this model. I can not find another j size 17" guitar with a florentine cutaway of any number level. 
It sounds pretty good and plays well.
I am not interested in selling it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Quote from: REHII on April 22, 2024, 03:32:08 PMI have a Larrivee guitar I got a few years ago. When you put the serial number in the larrivee date site it's a 1991 cj-09.
All the guitar has on its headblock is 09 and under that the serial number. The label is damaged and covered by the glue from the ibeam pickup controls.
It  has rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. The ebony fretboard has no markers and the body has what looks like rosewood binding. The fretboard has white plastic binding. Nice pointy Florentine cutaway.
The waist is 10 3/4". Top bout is 12 1/2". The  body  depth is tapered from 4 3/4" at the bottom to 3 11/16" at the top by the neck.
Body length is 20 3/4". Overall the guitar is 41" with a scale length of about 25 5/8" these are the old "jumbo" specs that they don't make any more.
I hope someone here can help me with the rarity of this model. I can not find another j size 17" guitar with a florentine cutaway of any number level. 
It sounds pretty good and plays well.
I am not interested in selling it.
Any help will be appreciated.
Before the archive.org, we can't easily find any info from Larrivee on models.
I would rest assured, your guitar was not made in large numbers.
Best bet... contact service@larrivee.com and inquire.
Give as much info as you have (the i-beam may be aftermarket) and I am sure you will hear back.
Make sure the word "guitar" is in the subject line.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)