Cooking

Started by D4ve, May 19, 2004, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Likes to cook? It is sort of an art form like music and I am thinking most musicians like to cook.
I do.
Actually I am better at cooking than I am at guitar playing.  :unsure: At least I get way more compliments about my cooking than my playing <_<
So what was my first clue you ask :( ?

Dave
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus

Major smoker day today.  Made a bunch of chicken thighs, 3 racks of baby backs, and two big pork butts.  Also a bunch of chicken drummettes with my wife's special marinade.  Ate the chicken wings tonight, nibbled on a couple of ribs.  Ribs for dinner tomorrow, gonna shred up the butts for sandwiches.  

Might do smoked chicken quesidillas this weekend.  Make some mean risotto too.  One thing about up here in Michigan is the outstanding markets, great Italian places, fresh sausage, loads of different cheeses.  Wish I knew more about wines.  I just go for the ones with the prettiest labels.!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I've turned crockpot cookery into an artform.

I've got about a dozen dishes that I'll cookup, and will freeze about 2/3 of the crockpot's contents in small tupperware bowls for future eating.

Between the crockpot, gas-fired BBQ grill and microwave; I almost never use the stove except to make up scrambled eggs on the weekends. Or to boil rice or pasta to go with what I made in the crockpot.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I am a Cajun from Baton Rouge, so I am the cook of the house.  I love to eat, therefore I love to cook.  My wife is more than happy to let me be the food preparer.  I like to make big batches of gumbo, and freeze it in gallon ziploc bags.  I don't know why, but the gumbo always tastes better after it has been stored a while.  The spices all mesh together or something.  Anyway, I also look at cooking like an art form.  I am not good at any other form of art, and can't draw a straight line, but I do like to cook.  Jason.
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Crockpot Jambalaya Creole supreme

large can of diced tomatoes
can of diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
can of okra
large onion chopped
4 large bay leaves
a pork & beef (non-smoked) summer sausage fine diced (12-16 oz)
1 small can of chopped clams
cajun spice to taste
2 sweet red peppers chopped
1 sweet green pepper choped

simmer for 5-6 hours

1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
1 small can crab meat
fill up the crock pot with shrimp

simmer another 2 hours
serve over rice
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

What time are we eatin?  I'll bring the hot boudin and the cold couscous!  Jason

P.S., maybe some Abita Beer also. :)  
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

QuoteI am a Cajun from Baton Rouge, so I am the cook of the house.  I love to eat, therefore I love to cook.  My wife is more than happy to let me be the food preparer.  I like to make big batches of gumbo, and freeze it in gallon ziploc bags.  I don't know why, but the gumbo always tastes better after it has been stored a while.  The spices all mesh together or something.  Anyway, I also look at cooking like an art form.  I am not good at any other form of art, and can't draw a straight line, but I do like to cook.  Jason.
We lived down on the Gulf Coast before moving up here to freezing Michigan, and sure do miss good Cajun food.  Good pretty good at smoked chicken and sausage gumbo.  With real roux, thanks very much!  Jambayala is also great, and pretty easy.  Love Shrimp Poboys, got good at making them, since some places skimp on the shrimp.  Used to go to a great seafood market, Joe Patti's in Pensacola.  Tubs of fresh shrimp right off the boat.  

Lassiez les bon temps roulez!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I Love to cook,Evert other Sunday is a cook fest.I make all sort's of stuff for the following week.But alas I must loose 30 lbs or go on Diabetic med's so I'm in Atkin's mod Meat and more meat.Hot food's are my fav's. :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Boy i'll tell ya, you Southern boys sure cook up some fine grinds...i can't resist HOT & spicy cajun cookin...the redder the better is my motto...fire in the hole!  :ph34r:

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor