So shoot me

Started by unclrob, March 06, 2024, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the past week I've had my duo partners 94 Ovation 6718 Elite Standard in my shop.I've done a basic setup and string change{its been in the closet for about 15 years because he fell in love with my 89 Guild JF39}He's adding some acoustic guitar to his electric R+B band.Well anyway since its been out and handy its all I've been playing for the last 10 days and I kinda like it,desent tone ,very playable and its kinda fun.OK I still don't the big round back but then that kinda FUN.
OK going now to hide before the rocks and sticks come out, :wave

keep smilin and keep dancin   :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on March 06, 2024, 11:15:40 PMFor the past week I've had my duo partners 94 Ovation 6718 Elite Standard in my shop.I've done a basic setup and string change{its been in the closet for about 15 years because he fell in love with my 89 Guild JF39}He's adding some acoustic guitar to his electric R+B band.Well anyway since its been out and handy its all I've been playing for the last 10 days and I kinda like it,desent tone ,very playable and its kinda fun.OK I still don't the big round back but then that kinda FUN.
OK going now to hide before the rocks and sticks come out, :wave

keep smilin and keep dancin   :nanadance
Glad to hear that you are well enough to play again, whatever the badge or brand.
 :wave

I remember in the 90's, being told that Ovations were really special acoustics, and believing it. I don't know if that's why I still have a soft spot for them but they aren't as bad as people say.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Glad to hear you're having fun with it.

Google Charles Kaman and Ovation Guitars and discover a pretty fascinating story. Back in the late 60s and 70s, lots of performers including Josh White, Glen Campbell, Mac Davis and Jim Croce played and endorsed Ovation Guitars. My first 12 string was an Ovation 12 string Pacemaker that came in a brown fiberglass case.

Not to steal a thread but since this is a Larrivee Forum, I thought this was worth sharing.  I sold that Ovation in the mid 80s and my next 12 string was my second Larrivee, a custom all mahogany LV03 that I ordered from Trinity Guitars for my 50th birthday in 1995. From my perspective, Larrivee makes some of the best and most affordable 12 string guitars available today. At the time, I paid less than half of what a comparable Martin or Taylor 12 string cost and I only waited nine weeks for the guitar.

My friend had a couple of the very high end ones, you know the kind that look like they were attacked by a machine gun, and they were very nice. Do 147 little sound holes really make that much difference though?  :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 07, 2024, 09:51:05 AMMy friend had a couple of the very high end ones, you know the kind that look like they were attacked by a machine gun, and they were very nice. Do 147 little sound holes really make that much difference though?  :laughin:
My understanding is what they do is eliminate feedback.

Quote from: Queequeg on March 07, 2024, 12:21:24 AMGlad to hear that you are well enough to play again, whatever the badge or brand.
 :wave
Not any better but I can't stop,Not until I'm dead and maybe not eveb the. :guitar

keep smilin and keep on dancin  :nanadance  :nanadance

Oh ya and playing guitar. :nana_guitar
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help