Anyone play the 50’s Gibson LG-2?

Started by StringPicker6, October 07, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the last two years I've been curious about the most recent version of Gibson's LG-2 model, the one they are calling the 50's LG-2. Anybody ever get the chance to play one? I love the "small J-45" idea of it, and John Hiatt has been playing one for the last few years. Just curious.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

I listened to a few on You Tube today. I liked the sound, woody with a nice mid-range. But I hate that Gibson automatically puts in a pickup system in their instruments. I don't play out and don't need it. And I wouldn't pay for it.

I agree with the pickup. If I want one I can get it installed. It seems like Gibson throws a pickup in all their acoustics.
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
Larrivee LV-03R

I played a generation series 00 and thought it was really nice guitar.  That model doesnt have electronics...also doesnt come with a case.  Pick your poison, lol

I can appreciate they are discrete with the electronics, as much as possible but I refuse to have to take it on the chin and then proceed to modify an acoustic instrument just to make it an...acoustic instrument.

They should run some focus groups down there at Gibson.